Domain expired

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mimzy

Domain expired

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Looks like the Ukrainian hostmaster is having a nice holiday at the Black Sea and nobody cares to renew the domain.

You may add the following to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Linux, Mac) to access the site as usual:

Code: Select all

91.217.254.133 www.first-loves.com.ua
but remember to remove this entry once the domain works again or you won't be able to access the site in the future if the IP changes.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Domain expired

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Only a few of us have re-found FLM so far. I messaged all the FLM people in queue on my eMule but many people probably don't know about the twitter account.

Do you need financial help to renew the domain?
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i just copied the addressbar url and created a new shortcut with it,i'M glad i took note of the twitter update address,i sent a message to vidman through emule,but he never replied.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Do you need financial help to renew the domain?
There aren't any financial problems at all. The domain alone (excluding hosting) costs just a couple of dollars per year. I paid both domain and hosting more than a month in advance, in June. For some reason, the domain was renewed in the registrars database, but not in the .ua top-level domain registry. I've made multiple inquiries, but nothing has changed so far. The domain wasn't blocked by censors or anything, just expired exactly 2 years after registration, because it was not renewed. Currently the domain is on client hold, so I still hope to get it back.

I would recommend to take note of the above IP as well. I registered the current domain through some D-Link customer support site and it is supposed to be used in connection with D-Link routers only, so I'm not sure how long it will work. Unfortunately this was the only way to quickly register a free domain that I found.
starfish21

i'm confident you'll sort it out,Mimzy,i reckon things will be quiet round here for a while.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Except for the not so funny dog it has been quite for a while anyway...
starfish21

I havent been idle,just a tad busy,i've got some nice stuff to release,once we get our domain up and running again.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I've told a few people about this, via eMule & CG but who knows whether they've found it.

'You can lead a horse to water.....'

lb
starfish21

i'm guessing not enough people knew about Mimzy's twitter.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I'm back. :D :D :D Got mimzy's twitter link from Google's cache. :roll: