[REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn AKA Making Of... (1998)

idler

Re: [REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn

Post by idler »   0 likes

Mighty slow reader, kev. :sleeping See my post of March 20th, 2009. :icon_poke
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

But there is still a need of translating the whole fecking shit, as it is really poor. Sadly i don't have the time for making proper subs from danish for the moment. Got a tricky deadline to solve.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

idler wrote:Mighty slow reader, kev. :sleeping See my post of March 20th, 2009. :icon_poke
lol

Read it before I even tried anything, but actually quit reading [apparently] before I got the the last part stating;
idler wrote:...click "replace all" -> with -->

I always failed those 'listening' tests at school where they give you a sheet of paper with a lot of instructions telling you to "Read the entire test BEFORE you start answering anything".

The point of the test is when you read down to the bottom the last instruction is to ignore everything else and simply sign the sheet and turn it in. I must have taken it 2 or 3 times through the years and every time I answered pretty much every question... :blush

Anyway, there you go: The test has actual real-life [if you can call this that] application after all... :)

Thanks for the poke, idler. :thumbsup Now, are you good at translating Danish? ;)

kev.
katzenjammer

I can do it, but then i need some of you to read "just deserts for corporate criminals" by Kip Schlegel and make a summary for me by tomorrow evening^^.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

idler wrote:Ref. katzenjammer's Google translation. To whom it may concern: open srt-file with Windows Editor, click "replace all" -> with -->
Yeah, Google translation does that, simple -> to --> fix. Should have mentioned that before.
katzenjammer wrote:But there is still a need of translating the whole fecking shit, as it is really poor. Sadly i don't have the time for making proper subs from danish for the moment. Got a tricky deadline to solve.
That Swedish movie I ran through Google translations came out very readable with little editing. But I tried the same thing with a Danish movie I am going to post here and the results were horrible. I really doubt that a kids movie consistently describes a 10 year old boy as "sexy" and uses the word "fucking" ;) I found a Danish dictionary site I could run individual words through which gave alternate translations which made sense, but it was line-by-line and took forever.

I am almost done with another subtitle project and then I'll get back to that one. Maybe then I'll give this one a shot, but since the Danish movie I was translating was a kids movie it was simple to figure out the plot and thus the dialogue, this one maybe not so.

But thanks for helping with subs, they are always appreciated!
katzenjammer

Have to see coming week if i can sit down for a few hours and translate it.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

:pray

Hopefully so... I'm dying to make a compilation DVD of the whole series, but I want subs that make some sense.. ;) No pressure, though! :)

Good luck with the week.

kev.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   7 likes

And finally the english subtitles are as close to be ready as i can make them. Native-speaking should proofread to edit out wrong choice of words, but the meaning of the sentences should be correct now.

Sorry for taking so long, studies and events in RL have prevented me from finishing these subtitles before...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [40.4 Kb]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   3 likes

katzenjammer wrote: ..Sorry for taking so long...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [40.4 Kb]
No need to be sorry!

Many thanks, and please know that your work is greatly appreciated!

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn (1998)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This was almost as fun to watch as the actual movie. Stephania Potalivo and Maurice Blinkenberg-Thrane are both cute, and both have gone on to do other films.