[REL] Farvel, jeg hedder Kurt (1969)

yoko

Re: [REL] Farvel, jeg hedder Kurt (1969)

Post by yoko »   1 likes

starfish21 wrote:this has quite clearly been ripped from vhs(maybe betamax) so the quality will never be better just because you recode it no matter how big you make the framesize.
The source of the ISO is a commercial DVD, but video is interlaced and very noisy. I did not expect the quality to be better than original (except a properly deinterlaced and denoised rip does subjectively look better), but comparable to original. Unfortunately the quality of 2CD size rip was IMO too poor and personally I'd download 2 more GB to have an ISO with better quality.
starfish21 wrote:i understand you being a bit pissed off but anyone who wants your release can still get it.most members won't download large files if they can help it.
I'm absolutely not pissed off, because I did not invest my time into making an own rip anyway. I might have been pissed off if I spent days playing with filters and encoding options, trying to create a smaller rip with highest possible quality, and then everyone said: "thanks, but I downloaded the ISO from Usenet".
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

this film is a true 'hidden gem' imagine trying to shoot this in today's world
[Image]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Thanks again yokodreamer. :cool

Such an odd little film, yet fun to watch.

It appears I was the first and possibly only at the time to grab this. Took less than 4hours. I am assuming this is the same iso from 'thelost' on usenet?

The original transfer to dvd definitely has problems, but very watchable. I thought about doing a rip cropping, de-noise and de-interlacing. As I see a rip already has been done I will leave it alone.

There was a girl at the end, a blond that was a bit older, to bad they didn't continue the fun further including her. :)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i don't suppose we'll ever get subs for this.
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Subs added to OP.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

yokodreamer wrote:(usually the *upload* bandwidth of ADSL is limited, but everybody has enough *download* bandwidth, right :think).
Not true at all - I'd have decent bandwidth if I didn't have two other people in my house sucking it all up playing mindless online games 24/7 but I have to limit it to next to nothing so they don't bitch about getting "lag".

I pick and choose what I want to spend some of that bandwidth on. I won't download huge files unless they're absolutely primo.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

yokodreamer wrote:(usually the *upload* bandwidth of ADSL is limited, but everybody has enough *download* bandwidth, right :think).
Bigger files are an issue for those that have limited bandwidth. Limited is not always to do with speed but bandwidth used. There are bandwidth meters you can track your usage with and many IP will provide you with one. I can check to see how much I have left anytime.
My bandwidth is measured the same up or down. It is all about how much is used. This is the way it is for almost all internet plans in the states. The average allowed usage for home plans is only 10gigs a month before the speed is greatly throttled. I have a much higher limit than most but it it still has a limit.

Download is usually not throttled as much as upload is. This is why I and most can only upload at slow speeds. My max on Emule is around 300ks and about 1mbs on torrent. My download is about 3mbs on either. Direct download or stream I can do as much as 30mbs depending on the server. Throttling is not as big a concern for most as bandwidth used is. Penalties including loss of service or fines can happen if you go over your limit.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks all for discovering and bringing this here..

It really DOES look like a hidden little gem. Looking forward to getting this one downloaded.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup

kev.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Thanks Yokodreamer and Starfish21. I love nordic movies, so this is much appreciated.
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

Thank you,
it looks great. ;)
Please Reshare it
Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me