Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

idler wrote:
loverboy wrote:At the bottom of the page
...need new glasses for Christmas... :icon_thk
Shot glasses or for mixed drinks? :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Re: young love?

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I would recommend to never download executables via eMule, unless you have a very trusted hash. Keep in mind that just as there are fake movies, there might be also fake (modified) executables. I don't mean known viruses that can be detected.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I second that.

Never, ever, ever, at any time, EVER, download executables from eMule, Limewire, or any other place except the site that actually created the program, even if it's free, cracked, guaranteed scanned, trusted hash, whatever. The virus/malware/scumbags just LOVE you if you do. If you do download an executable, even scanning with virus scanners and malware testers won't save you - your computer WILL get infected eventually.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

'trusted hash' has got a very different meaning where i come from.
BizarreLoveTriangle

starfish21 wrote:'trusted hash' has got a very different meaning where i come from.
Not something to do with known viruses?
starfish21

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ash&page=5

no.32 or maybe pick another,i quite like no.30
[Image]
AlexBeck

Post by AlexBeck »   0 likes

I haven't been able to figure out this HJsplit and what it's supposed to do.
starfish21

AlexBeck wrote:I haven't been able to figure out this HJsplit and what it's supposed to do.
assuming you have all the parts of your file in the same folder..open 'hjsplit,click 'join',click 'input file',navigate to the folder with the file parts and select the lowest numbered file,this usually has a file extension of '.000' or'.00' ,sometimes though if the 000 file is absent hjsplit will work with'.001' , then click on 'start' hjsplit will automatically find the rest of the parts and join them into a complete file.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

AlexBeck wrote:I haven't been able to figure out this HJsplit and what it's supposed to do.
Here's the deal, slightly simplified but should give you the idea.

When posting a file which needs to be broken up into parts (e.g. for Rapidshare or Usenet), there are two common ways to do it.

Way 1: Use Winrar to compress the file into a RAR which is broken up into parts of a maximum size.

If you start with Movie.avi you will get Movie.part01.rar, Movie.part02.rar, Movie.part03.rar etc. All but the last part will be about the maximum size you specified.

You use Winrar to recreate the original file by feeding it Movie.part01.rar. It figures out on its own that Movie.part02.rar etc are a continuation needed to rebuild the original.

Way 2: Use a program like HJSplit to split the file without compressing it.

If you start with Movie.avi you will get Movie.avi.001, Movie.avi.002, Movie.avi.003 etc. All but the last part will be exactly the maximum size you specified.

You use HJSplit or similar to recreate the original file by feeding it Movie.avi.001. It figures out on its own that Movie.avi.002 etc are a continuation needed to rebuild the original.

If you run Windows you can actually sometimes recombine it with commands in a command prompt window.
copy /b Movie.avi.001+Movie.avi.002+Movie.avi.003+Movie.avi.004 Movie.avi
(as many parts as there are, combined by +)
This is often a pain with some filenames and can run into problems with the maximum line length, which is why people use HJSplit to recombine. But it's the same thing.

Usually a .000 file isn't really necessary, if it's small it's a little index to the other parts and you would skip it in a copy command if you use that method.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Way 3: Use the following script for joining movie.avi.001, movie.avi.002, ...

Windows version:

Code: Select all

copy nul %1
for /f "delims=" %%p in ('dir /b /on %1.0?? %1.1?? %1.2?? %1.3?? %1.4?? %1.5?? %1.6?? %1.7?? %1.8?? %1.9??') do copy /b %1+"%%p"
("for ... do ..." is one line)

UNIX/Linux/MacOS version:

#!/bin/sh
cat "$1".[0-9]?? >"$1"
Put the script into join.bat, then call

join.bat "movie.avi"
at the command prompt. The index part movie.avi.000 should be removed beforehand.