[REL] Pahanhautoja (2022)

duckduck

[REL] Pahanhautoja (2022)

Post by duckduck »   0 likes

After finding a wounded bird in the woods, 12-year-old gymnast Tinja she brings a strange egg home, nestles it in her bed, and nurtures it until it hatches. The creature that emerges, christened "Alli," becomes Tinja’s closest friend, surrogate child, and living nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZU98Kv1YyQ
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Pahanhautoja (2022)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12519030/
A young gymnast who tries desperately to please her demanding mother, discovers a strange egg. She hides it and keeps it warm, but when it hatches, what emerges shocks them all.
[Image]

Looks nice ;) Thanks you and welcome to FLM.
Devil❧

Post by Devil❧ »   0 likes

We need this one! Very interesting :thumbsup
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

AKA: Hatching

According to a website called 'Cinamon' this movie is slated for release in April.

Specifically April 3rd:
https://cinamonkino.com/redi/film/hatching/en

Official Site:
https://www.pahanhautoja.fi/?fbclid=IwA ... atiEqoMoMk

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Pahanhautoja/

Instagram Page:
https://www.instagram.com/pahanhautoja/?hl=en

Thanks, duckduck, for bringing this to our attention! :thumbsup

:shock:

kev.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

HEY!! Guess which movie I went to see today!

For the first time since this pandemicky-thing started I went to an actual Cinema to watch a movie! Guess which one it was; c'mon guess!

You're NEVER gonna guess it!!!
:twisted:

(Wait.... Would it help to confuse you if I lied and said that it WASN'T the film who's tread I'm posting in? ) :think

NAH!! Ya got me! It's THIS movie! :roll:

It started showing yesterday, and I was excited the whole day, knowing I was going to see this today. I told just about EVERYONE I knew who had an interest in spooky movies [and who would listen :shock: ] that I was going to see it and explained a little of what the movie's about. Yep!!: I'm a pathetic nerd!! :lol:

I even got pix of the screen with my little feetzies stickin' up to show I was there, but I can't find my USB thingy's [got 2of them; both lost] to get the pix off my iPhone and onto my laptop so I could add them to my post...

Anyway, if you can't tell; I'm STILL excited!! :heart

I had some minor [ :twisted: ] worries that I would be extremely let down by the movie, as I was SOOO excited going into it. Didn't happen though! I REALLY liked this film!

I had read some negative reviews ahead of time, but 'Hatching' worked for me:

*The girl who played the lead character Tinja [ Siiri Solalinna ] was really cute and believable in her role. While pretty, she was quirky and considered 'weird' by her peers. Though trying hard to please her mumzy, she couldn't reach the level of 'perfection' required for truly remarkable gymnasts.

(Her plight resonated with me as my dad REALLY wanted me to excel in athletics [he put me in football, baseball, tennis, golf; but I never took to any of those sports], but he wasn't as aggressive in forcing me to do them as Tinja's mumzy was.. ) :|

*The story line kept me intrigued; the fantastic elements were handled in a fairly believable way. Tinja's loyalty to the hatchling was understandable, even after she realized it was, umm; behaving VERY badly... :shock: Sort of like parents with unruly children.

Anyway, I'm not going to blather on about this anymore. Can't wait for it to hit the stream! (I'm even going for the DVD when it hits the shelves..) We'll probably find it posted here soon enough, now that it's finally seen a theatrical release..

Well, WELL worth a watch!! :heart :heart :heart

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have been waiting for another of these magnificent kev posts! :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I have been waiting for another of these magnificent kev posts!
Me, too. Yes, I really did! ;)

So kev, it must have been exiting to visit a real cinema again. You didn*t recored the movie with your iPhone to release it here??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, just kidding. So you liked it, I think we*ll like it too then. Let's hope for a streaming or something in the near future!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

ghost wrote:
Night457 wrote:I have been waiting for another of these magnificent kev posts!
Me, too. Yes, I really did! ;)

So kev, it must have been exiting to visit a real cinema again. You didn't record the movie with your iPhone to release it here???...
Thanks guys! (I was so excited that I had NOT gotten disappointed by 'Hatching', I just HAD to share some of that giddy...) :lol: And yes, getting back into the theater WAS a bit of a thrill, even though there weren't many folks there.. (If there HAD of been I probably would have kept my mask on and that would have made the viewing a little uncomfortable.. I'm still a bit gun-shy about total demasking.... )

ghost; I wish I had the equipment to do something like that.. ;) It probably would have been a good showing to do it as I was one of only 3 people in the cine.. :shock:

Kind of a shame, really, that this movie isn't getting more press like that derivative hack [Ari Aster] that made 'Hereditary' [Rosemary's Baby, Wicker Man] and 'Midsommer' [every frickin' "Let's-check-out-this obscure-villages-ritual-celebration" horror movie, which would include, yes; Wicker Man]. I'm obviously a little bit ticked that HIS movies have garnered so much praise and adulation when they were pretty predictable at just about every turn. And I REALLY wanted to like those movies... :roll:
Spoiler:

While 'Hatching' had shades of 'The Brood' [with the hatchling being motivated by Tinja's emotional responses towards those that got her upset], the movie as a whole was fresh and kept my attention; even had me saying "Whoa; I didn't see THAT coming" a couple times..
There's been no media advertising in my city for this film and at the Cinema there wasn't even a 'Hatching' poster ANYWHERE to be found.. AND only 2 showings a day; both matinees... :wall

I personally knew it was being released sometime at the end of April, so I've been constantly checking my 'Atom' app and that is how I found out it was showing locally.. With all that going against it, it's no wonder that there were only 2 other peeps in the screening room.. :evil:

Anyway; looking forward to this being released online sooner than later.. :bigups

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   60 likes

Let's change this thread to [REL]:

[Image]

Finnish and German audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.92 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [32.5 Kb]

I did only a quick scan through the movie, but I think I'll like it too, kev! :P

I only could find French subtitles and did a machine translation into English. But I'll work on the subs and this thread will be updated soon. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Pahanhautoja (2022)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Great, thanks ghost!

(I discovered English subtitles at subscene and opensubtitles but they appear to be nearly identical machine translation, so I assume they are also from the French.)

[NEXT DAY EDIT: opensubtitles now has more subtitles, according to DreamScape's post below.]