[REL] Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Iris (2011) [Finland/Sweden]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This isn't a glitch in your encoding, this seems to be an eMule thing, like maybe it didn't pick up the entire file hash. I've never seen this particular error before. I cancelled it after about 50 errors and I'm trying again.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Downloading without a problem. :D Thanks kev

Handbrake is quirky in that it works great with some files and not so great with others. It does however have lots of options including a nice preview function so you can get an idea of what your final result will look like. I often play with different settings and use the preview after each change until I get what I like best. Also if you rip directly from the dvd you can include subtitles in the container. Popdrome did this on a few of his encodes. 8-)
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Thanks kev :eyecrazy

I remember something I encoded had wrong aspect with MPC, but it played fine with VLC. The rip was IMO perfectly fine, just in anamorphic format. Probably the same thing here.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Most players have options to correct and override aspect ratios, so this is by no means a deal breaker. However, I can't see anything wrong in kev's rip by previewing what I've downloaded so far. There is 'chapter 1', ... etc at the bottom of the frame that I could do without, but this is a fine rip. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I canceled the download and then re-added it and it's given no further errors. Must've been a quirk - I've never seen it do that before and it's all turning out fine, so no worries. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I just played it in two different players and the aspect ratio is fine. It must be the player's settings that you captured the screen shots from that gave the odd aspect?

Great quality rip. :thumbsup

[Image]
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Played ok on BSPlayer Pro Just had to change the video Rendered from internal to Overlay
photofan

Post by photofan »   0 likes

There do not appear to be any sources for subs. Could someone please reshare or post to opensubtitles.com.

Thanks!
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

photofan wrote:There do not appear to be any sources for subs. Could someone please reshare or post to opensubtitles.com.

Thanks!
you should get them now,photofan
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I'm sharing them too.