[REL] El despertar de las hormigas aka The Awakening of the Ants (2019) [Costa Rica]

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] El despertar de las hormigas aka The Awakening of the Ants (2019) [Costa Rica]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

As soon as someone can verify it, that tag will be removed by one of the admins.
Of course jezevex knows how it works. He's no newbie.

I leave it to Phuzzy to reply to him.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] El despertar de las hormigas aka The Awakening of the Ants (2019) [Costa Rica]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:Phuzzy, I don't understand the big excitement about it. The first link is OK, the second was fake and my fault that I've added it in but it was purely in a good-will to prove more download options. I can't RELease (or check) all by myself because of my limited bandwidth that was moreover used by my other RELeases. Yes, you are right that all unverified posts belong to REQuest section, but - as I've observed during all the years - people tend to overlook this section, many posts (either with ed2k or with file-hosting link waiting for somebody to make an e-mule link) stayed there for a while. It's not a criticism against admins or so, nobody could sit on this forum 24/7, however, my intuition said me to go for it. Maybe I was a little bit naive thinking that the times when almost everything put on e-mule was fake are over...
I'm not chastising you, but all you need to do is let us know if you haven't verified a link. You, yourself said you hadn't downloaded them. Lots of eMule files still have the wrong titles. A simple "UNVERIFIED" is very helpful for those with limited bandwidth who don't want to use it for the wrong film. I had very low bandwidth for a long time and hated when I waited several days for something to download enough to preview, then found out it wasn't really what it said it was.

We take their word when 'regulars' release something because we trust their judgement. I'm not faulting you for posting the link, I know it wasn't malicious, but if you're not sure, you can easily say so. Believe me, everyone here appreciates all the hard work you do to bring us the many films you've given us. You've contributed so much you should get an award, and I'd give you one if I had it. Please don't take my comment as a rebuke.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Now I will chime in ... my post was admittedly colorful and maybe even over-the-top, jezevex, but please don't for a moment think I was irritated with YOU. My spleen was really for whoever was deliberately putting out the fake file, and actually I found it more funny than annoying. I HAD to post a response right away, however, because I know some people just might not find it so humorous.

I have not been at FLM long, but certainly long enough to see how time and again I have downloaded great movies from you. I am SO grateful for that. And when I questioned you about the files, you did tell me you had not downloaded them yourself, so careful reader that I am I knew there was potential for disappointment. And that is all it was. I moved on, and downloaded the good file. I will probably watch it tomorrow.

Phuzzy is absolutely spot-on with his praise of your contributions. You are definitely one of my FLM heroes, so it was surprising for sure to download what I did. I knew there was NO chance you did such a thing deliberately.

Peace, bro.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Family pressure to keep popping out babies; worries about money; obsessive thoughts about hair falling out, insects and ... light bulbs?

I did some reading online, and people have actually come up with interpretations of the symbolic meaning of light bulbs. I never woulda thought. I always thought it just meant seeing in the dark, in the purely literal sense. I have a whole closet shelf of different style and wattage bulbs. Should I be concerned for my mental health?

Birth control, feminine hygiene, sexual dissatisfaction, female masturbation - - all of it discreetly handled here. I could sympathize with the mom's anxieties and her increasingly disturbed thinking, but did not consider her really crazy until the fully-clothed shower scene. Madness!

This was a consistently engaging film that kept me interested, guessing, and a little disturbed. At times I wondered if it was intended as a black comedy. Thank you jezevex!

Oh yeah, and the little girls are maddening, and adorable.
ditto

Post by ditto »   2 likes

Hello!

Do you know there is also a short movie, made before this REL? ;)
It's called "El despertar de las hormigas: niñez (childhood)"

https://www.facebook.com/cinemarkhn/vid ... 852234291/
(English hard subs)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

ditto wrote:Hello!

Do you know there is also a short movie, made before this REL? ;)
It's called "El despertar de las hormigas: niñez (childhood)"

https://www.facebook.com/cinemarkhn/vid ... 852234291/
(English hard subs)
The Awakening of the Ants: Childhood (2016)

Yes this film, made in 2016, was the precursor and inspiration for the same director's full-length feature. :think

Thanks ditto for bringing this short to our attention. :thumbsup

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

I made an official release here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 30&t=13276

Thanks for finding!