[REL] El día que resistía (2018) [Argentina]

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] El día que resistía (2018) [Argentina]

Post by ghost »   36 likes

AKA The Endless Day.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7769716/?ref_=plg_rt_1
https://www.rarefilmfinder.com/movie.php?id=59020
Alone in the country, three children play; but why are their parents so mysteriously absent? How quickly do dark clouds gather around childhood's endless day.
[Image]
[Image]

[Image]

This is a very quiet movie and there isn't much happening in this movie, but the atmosphere catched me.

Torrent: https://rarbgmirror.com/torrent/5xo3zeu

eMule:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.79 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [31.1 Kb]
deadman

Re: [REL] El día que resistía (2018) [Argentina]

Post by deadman »   1 likes

The original Spanish title El día que resistía (The Day I Resisted) I think refers to the inevitable point where Fan, the older girl, would have to leave and try to make her way to civilization for help. Whatever's going on she is the only one of the kids who knows the truth. Her parents have either died or abandoned them but she keeps up a pretense for her younger siblings. When the food runs out she will have no choice but to leave. But you know, with children that young, if you leave them to their own devices they may or may not be okay when you finally return.

Not much action, as ghost says, but definitely a growing uneasiness as it becomes clear things are not right. The viewer figures out early on that the parents probably aren't coming back. You don't know where they are though, and whether there might be a larger crisis in the outside world that's led to this situation. Thanks for posting! :)
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

deadman wrote:The original Spanish title El día que resistía (The Day I Resisted) I think refers to the inevitable point where Fan, the older girl, would have to leave and try to make her way to civilization for help.
I don't have any knowledge of Spanish, only what is left from Latin lessons at school, but shouldn't the meaning of the phrase be "the day which was resisting (i.e. an end)". DeepL translates this exactly to the spanish sentence and the meaning would be synonymous to the english title. Maybe Sully23 can tell us. :?

@ghost: It should be placed under "Latin America", not "Unlisted" ... ;)
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

From BK:

Название: Бесконечный день
Оригинальное название: El día que resistía
Английское название: The Endless Day
Год выхода: 2018
Жанр: драма

Режиссёр: Алессия Кьеза / Alessia Chiesa

В ролях:
Lara Rógora, Матео Балдасо / Mateo Baldasso, Mila Marchisio

Plot:
Alone in an isolated country house, Fan (9), Tino (7), and Claa (5) wait for their parents to come home. The wait feels endless, the solitude unsettling. Gradually the apparently innocent and playful world of the children transforms as its darker side unfolds. El día que resistía is inspired by the singularity of the childhood experience explored close-up through an unconventional narrative.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

@ghost: It should be placed under "Latin America", not "Unlisted" ... ;)
:oops:
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Warg wrote:I don't have any knowledge of Spanish, only what is left from Latin lessons at school, but shouldn't the meaning of the phrase be "the day which was resisting (i.e. an end)". DeepL translates this exactly to the spanish sentence and the meaning would be synonymous to the english title. Maybe Sully23 can tell us. :?
I think the proper translation is either "The Day I Resisted" or "The Day That Was Resisted" (which makes less sense). Or possibly "The Day I was Resisting". Only had a few years of Spanish in high school though, many years ago. I'm nowhere near fluent.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Did anyone call me?
Who told them if I understand Spanish
'The day I resisted' let's understand so you get lost in alaska and wait for help to what extent you hold on? the day you resist or endure or surpass or survive, case of the film that can both be alone to what extent

the difference with 'the endless day' is that it seems to be written in the first person and that translated into English makes little sense as the titles of movies when translated are different to be clearer the verb 'resistir'
Yo resisto I - resist
Tu resiste you - resist
El resiste the - resist
past - resisti (resisted) present - resisto (resist) and future - resistire (I will resist)
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Really interesting movie, so unusual, it reminds of Dare mo shiranai (2004) and another one in Spanish language (can't remember it's title now).
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Maybe you should refer to 'Rechazados' by Ivan Noel, another very similar is Demi tarif
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:Really interesting movie, so unusual, it reminds of Dare mo shiranai (2004) and another one in Spanish language (can't remember it's title now).
I believe you're thinking of Una semana solos (2008), which is posted on FLM here.

The biggest difference with this film is that the kids are completely isolated. They're away from civilization and out in the sticks all by themselves.