[REL] El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita (2009) [Argentina]

FLL

Re: [REL] El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita (2009) Argentina

Post by FLL »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:first off i have to wonder if BLT's comment was because of playback difficulties or getting stuck looking at certain scenes that warrant several looks. :think
I had the same impression until Debaser's comment.

The rip, from my point of view: excellent! :bigups Close to DVD quality on a big screen, and at least on my system I can play some of it on my slow laptop computer, so it looks like this isn't as processor-intensive as some past rips. I love the fact that you started with a 720x576 anamorphic rip and in getting maximum quality you turned it a non-anamorphic one (i.e. square pixels). I had to use Handbrake to reencode one of your past anamorphic rips to view it on my TV, because my TV didn't pay attention to the display resolution and shoiwed what should have been 16/9 as 5/4. But I suspect that doesn't affect many people.

The fact it's big and doesn't need to be resized, in addition to having square pixels, means it can just be played directly, may be what makes it play better with less processor. The one thing I might have done differently was to experiment with it at 1024x576, which probably wouldn't have sacrificed much quality at all and might have helped the overall file size. But I am not sure with mp4 encoding how much 1280x720 actually increases filesize for the same quality, I have never done test rips of it. If I ever get a computer with more power than my poor old Altair 8800 I will do so ;)
ptguardian wrote:i did make another rip at 1.1gigs with hard coded subs. but i am running out of bandwidth. i uploaded over 6gigs of the one already posted. debaser PM me if you want that one and i will send it to you or if FLL will volunteer some of his awesome speed i will send it to him to post ;)
I will be happy to do so IF kev doesn't want to do an XviD rip like he often does, let's let him check in on this. I personally think hard subs are a waste and since we have good soft subs I'd rather not distribute a 1.1GB hardsubbed rip (especially if it's mp4) unless it's the only option.

Thanks for this!
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

It never occurred to me there could be playback problems with this. It played fine for me with MPC in excellent quality & even transcoded well to DVDR, however I'm using what can be considered a fast PC.
I've now just tried playing this on a low-spec 8-year-old laptop & things are not so good......there is evidence of stuttering & frame-freezing throughout so this clearly needs semi-modern hardware to play correctly.

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:first off i have to wonder if BLT's comment was because of playback difficulties or getting stuck looking at certain scenes that warrant several looks. :think
The rip is fine, it's certain scenes... :wall
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

its a great quality rip and plays perfect with the subs,but i prefer hardcoded subs so i needed to convert srt to ssa,but subtitle workshop wont open the srt file.i managed to convert using a workaround.i've converted the mp4 to avi so i can use avirecomp but i keep getting crazy colours in the results.
does anybody know way i can add the subs to the mp4 file?

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This movie is primo! Loverboy is right - you'll get pulled into this. You can't help but fall for Guadalupe Alonso, who plays her role so naturally and is such a cutie. This one's a must-watch.

I know the IMDB link was posted at the top but nobody's really commented on the plot so here is IMDb's description:
Young Jorgelina feels estranged from her boy-crazy older sister, who has entered adolescence and doesn't want to hang around with little kids anymore. Finding refuge in their Boyita camper-van, Jorgelina travels with her father to the countryside, where her lifelong playmate Mario is undergoing some unexpected changes of his own.
Thank you ptg, and thanks kev for the subs. :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:its a great quality rip and plays perfect with the subs,but i prefer hardcoded subs so i needed to convert srt to ssa,but subtitle workshop wont open the srt file.i managed to convert using a workaround.i've converted the mp4 to avi so i can use avirecomp but i keep getting crazy colours in the results.
does anybody know way i can add the subs to the mp4 file?
Just goes to show how people have different preferences, I myself can't imagine wanting hardsubs enough to spend time reencoding when softsubs work just as well on all players I use. From a site perspective I think softsubs should always be the primary option (people here may want other language subs which are often available). And I think XviD avi is the most universal format still, so that should be an option if possible even though we are lucky on this film to have ptg's superior mp4.

The reason subtitle workshop didn't work is these subs are Unicode. Open in Notepad, save as ANSI, and SW should work (only 2 lines will be affected). As to avirecode I have no idea. I do reencodes as a last resort since they always degrade the quality. Oddly, a poor quality source which is still the best available I have no problem with, but a reencode of a good quality rip often bothers me.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i am not sure why starfish needs hard coded subs but i myself often prefer them to srt. because i rarely watch a movie in its entirety on my computer. i play them through external media players such as cinema tube, wd media player and my ps3 viewing them on my tv. each of these players have a hard time with external subs. so hardcoded is much easier. if i watch something on my pc soft subs are fine. a simple solution is to convert to dvd. but then this would be another conversion....LOL
i do see a point of having a clean sub free copy. this being an international forum having any language added can be very nice. this is why i posted this without subs. not to mention an uncluttered view for certain scenes. :cool

if i had the bandwidth i would start releasing 2 versions of a movie. 1 hd and 1 sd and on occasion 2 more with hard coded subs and then 2 more for portable players such as smart phones, psp, 8year old computers, etc... :icon_1whip
if i did that to every release i couldn't release but once a year :icon_frown2 (slight exaggeration)...LOL

all this just translates into a very wanted movie. i am glad everyone is enjoying it CHEERS

:)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i know its probably unnecessary to go through all the hassle needed,but ages ago i lost my complete archive of subs.since then i've got into the habit of always having permanent subs if possible,i still keep all the subtitle files though.i enjoy experimenting with re encodes and i'm learning a lot of useful stuff,slowly but surely.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   17 likes

An xvid file by request from those with PC's over 8yrs old:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Corrected subs: (My original set of subs had a slight problem, but they have since been corrected and re-hashed..)
Like this post to see ed2k links  [72.9 Kb]

While not the quality of MP4 these pix show it's not bad:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
:heart

kev.

(Edited out my 'PS' as the pix look fine now...)
dontknowwhat

Post by dontknowwhat »   0 likes

Why with PCs over 8 years old? Some of us just want normal avi files because when we burn them on DVD, we can watch them on our DVD players, because they don't support mp4.

Thanks for the avi file.