[REL] Gunslinger Girl (2003–2004) [Japan]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
donkeykog

[REL] Gunslinger Girl (2003–2004) [Japan]

Post by donkeykog »   5 likes

For those interested, this is a great anime akin to "Leon - The Professional". This is the first 5 episodes with english dub. There are 13 episodes in the first season. There is a second season.

[Image]

Gunslinger Girl (2003–2004)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476042
The Social Welfare agency, a government sponsored corporation is in the business for saving orphaned or abandoned children who are terminally ill or injured beyond the point of saving. Using cybernetic implants, the Agency uses a process called 'conditioning' to turn orphaned children into emotionless killing machines with hardly any memories, no human comfort and worst of all, no free will. The girls who make up the assassination unit within the Social Welfare agency are Henrietta, Triela, Claes, Rico and Angelica, all whom have shady backgrounds which led to their involvement with the agency. Each girl is skilled in martial arts, weapons and tactics, demolitions, foreign languages, espionage and counter-terrorism, skills that are necessary when dealing with terrorism, illegal arms deals or even crime organizations who have a serious stranglehold on the country of Europe. But while these girls are the perfect weapons against these types of everyday problems, they must constantly do their best to hold on to what little pieces of their humanity they have left, as they are being forced to commit cold-blooded murder, sometimes even killing innocent people who get in the way. Jose, Henrietta's handler doesn't like the way she and the other girls are being treated as tools for massacre and it pains him everyday to see Henrietta and her friends having to go through this type of life. But if Henrietta and the others want to live to see tomorrow, they have to play the guinea pigs and earn their keep, by getting their hands dirty for the Social Welfare agency, who is responsible for giving them their second chance at life. Because if they don't play by the agency's rules...they will die.
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.67 Gb]
For An Angel

Re: [REL] Gunslinger Girl (2003–2004) [Japan]

Post by For An Angel »   1 likes

I've seen this one! Think of it like a series about 5 Hit-Girl/Big Daddy duos but without the superhero costumes. :P
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

Thanks FAA!

Unfortunately I have been banned from posting FLM Anime by the Admin. Apparently it is too off-topic to be in off-topic.

(I did not call anyone a name, just reported the facts).
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

donkeykog wrote:Unfortunately I have been banned from posting FLM Anime by the Admin. Apparently it is too off-topic to be in off-topic.
Probably you misunderstood the purpose of the "Verified Off-Topic" forum. It is not just a place for posting off-topic material. The normal procedure is that when someone gets info about a movie that might be on-topic, he posts that info in "Unverified Info" or creates a REQ. After the movie is "verified" and it unfortunately turns out to be off-topic, it is moved to VOT. Originally it was not possible to post directly to VOT; on one hand, to avoid off-topic posts. On the other hand, to avoid posting ON-topic material in VOT. If there is underage nudity in a movie, it is IMO in any case on-topic, even if it is not a childhood movie per se, and should be posted under the respective release forum. I hope Rich and the original creators of FLM agree with me.

It was later allowed to create new threads in VOT, because there was a demand for listing movies that should NOT be released at FLM.

If the majority of FLM users want to have anime here, we may create an extra forum for anime. Until then, all kinds of off-topic stuff (provided that it is not inappropriate/illegal and not in excessive amounts) can be posted in General.