[REQ] Brat Farrar (1986) TV Mini Series [United Kingdom]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
emuler

[REQ] Brat Farrar (1986) TV Mini Series [United Kingdom]

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Superb, Haunting Version of Josephine Tey's masterful novel,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090401/
When Alec Loding passes Brat Farrar in the street, he's struck by Brat's uncanny resemblance to Simon Ashby. Simon had a older twin brother, Patrick, who disappeared a decade ago, and was presumed drowned. Simon now owns the family farm, Latchetts, a top-notch stable. Alex asks Brat, who loves horses, if he'd care to impersonate Patrick to disinherit Simon. But as Brat grows closer to the Ashby family, he finds the role a dangerous and wearing one; especially as he begins to suspect that Patrick's death wasn't an accident.
FLM interest: Victoria Bradley and Rebecca Bradley who play Jane Ashby and Ruth Ashby respectively. In the book they are 10 year old twin girls.

The book of the same name, by mystery writer Josephine Tey, is one of my all time favourites. Even if this turns out to be VOT (although the girls have significant roles in the book), this is still something many of us here will love to watch.

This is very rare. My Googling has turned up very little. :wall Perhaps the big guns here, with access to usenet and other sources, might have better luck.
starfish21

Re: [REQ] Brat Farrar (TV Mini Series 1986)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

not so rare,several versions on yt,but i honestly wouldn't bother,the youngsters have very litle screentime.
Reccommend VOT.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Brat Farrar (TV Mini Series 1986)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Moved based on starfish's recommendation.
starfish21

Re: [REQ] Brat Farrar (1986) TV Mini Series [United Kingdom]

just after i posted this,Phuzz,i was locked out of FLM,i constantly got this.
[Image]
was it just me ?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I didn't see anything like that. It may have something to do with Firefox not liking the FLM security certificate. Looks like you were able to get in this time? Still having problems?
starfish21

not so far
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Connection resets are commonly done by routers when there are more (NAT) connections than they can handle (ie. due to filesharing) or hardware/software errors occur. Maybe your router is failing.