[REL] The Haunting of Rebecca Verlaine (2003) [Germany]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
emuler

[REL] The Haunting of Rebecca Verlaine (2003) [Germany]

Post by emuler »   5 likes

Can someone check this out and tell us if it is worth the download? If so, this could be moved to the German section. TIA

Maybe it has been discussed before, but a search of the forum showed nothing. If so, then I apologize and this may be deleted. :(

http://sharethefiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100775

http://imdb.com/title/tt0355473/

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.70 Mb]
On an idyllic Christmas evening, all members of the Verlaine Commune are brutally massacred by a mysterious killer. The only survivor of the tragedy is Verlaine's young daughter Rebecca, who is seriously wounded and falls into a long coma.

Two years later, she awakes but her mind has blocked all past memories. Adopted by her aunt and uncle and thinking them to be her parents, the horrible truth is kept from her. Ten years later, just when Rebecca thinks her life is wonderful and she seemingly has the perfect relationship, strange visions begin to haunt her as the dead are seeking revenge.
IMDB lists a Anika Julien who plays the young Rebecca who was 12 at the time. Dunno how much screen time she actually gets. [/b]
FLL

Re: [REL] The Haunting of Rebecca Verlaine (2003)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Finally got it and took a look... not worth the download, for me. Lots of blood and gore, a real slasher movie. It does seem to have a sense of humor, at one point the main character was watching TV showing an infomercial for a knife set, which was demonstrated by hacking off the smiling model's hand as she kept smiling and talking about what a great knife it was.

As far as I could tell "young Rebecca" gets only about one 70 second flashback scene, so it's a decent release for a horror movie site but not FLM.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Thanks for the update :thumbsup
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks FLL.

Now what should we do with this thread? Do we delete it, and risk someone else who hasn't read it downloading the same movie and wasting bandwidth? For all you know, in a few years I myself could forget all about this thread and that I had downloaded this non FLM movie.

IMHO the non-interest section did serve a useful purpose.