Stage Fright (2014) [Canada]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
emuler

Stage Fright (2014) [Canada]

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Stage Fright

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2190838/
A snobby musical theater camp is terrorized by a blood-thirsty killer who hates musical theater.
I liked that it reminded to those good old horror movies from the 90's and giving that kind of vibe. But also, the addition of the musical element wasn't bad because it made more fun. However, I still felt like they could've played more with the whole theater/play situation instead of shying away with crowd-full musicals. The deaths were good, and had some very real makeup effects, but as they prefer eased with the story, they kept getting tamer and less over the top. Overall the acting was good, and even though the story and the whole killer reveal wasn't very impressive, it still managed to involve me into the movie and just enjoy it. And finally, I liked how the ending evoked many other horror movies with the mirror scene, by giving it that sense of suspense and horror without feeling too cliché.
Children are there, but their roles are not long enough to warrant a proper release. See the screenshots to get an idea. It starts off well enough - the lyrics and singing are fun at first, but the novelty soon wore off for me. Then I was glad that people started getting killed. :twisted:

[Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

Got this from a torrent by ShAaNiG. Many other rips exist.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Stage Fright (2014) Canada

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Then I was glad that people started getting killed.
:lol: