[REL] Garde à vue (1981) [France]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Garde à vue (2000)

Post by kev »   1 likes

reastavachi wrote:...If anyone is interested, I can correct the subs, though as a natural French speaker, I don't need the subs LOL !
Two of the greatest French actors ever, and a very talented director... Garde à vue sure is a real jewel of the French cinema :)
Actually, if it's not a major inconvenience that would be fantastic..

I took a stab at it, but not really understanding French, I couldn't figure out the context of a lot of the lines and I wasn't able to understand or spell the words that the strange symbols stood for... :lol:

Thanks for all that you contribute to FLM, reastavachi! :thumbsup

kev.
reastavachi

Re: [REL] Garde à vue (1981) [France]

Post by reastavachi »   1 likes

Put it in emule queue, then working on it !
And don't worry, I translate 24 min-long animes in around 2/3 hrs, so just correcting subs will be quite an easy work :)
Expect it in a couple of days, maybe earlier...

I have a very minor role here compared to yours, kev, so thanks to you, too, and to everyone participating here !
reastavachi

Hi everyone !
Finally get some free-time, so I just watched Garde à Vue w/ the subs... For those who watched it with the subs... I am sorry guys, but 3/4 of what you could read was totally nonsense, made up and fake !! I have never seen such a bad work LOL ... Feel sorry for the guy who did that. Even the timing has to be re-done !
I am working on it. Should be ready tomorrow, or Wednesday ;)
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

OMG... Four hours working on it, and yet I only covered quarter an hour !
Are these subs a joke ? I mean, even simple words like "yes" or "no" are not translated well... I have to redo all the subs. That's not a problem, it is an excellent movie with wonderful actors, but the subs...
One quick example :
Real words :
"- Is your name Martinaud ?
- Yes.
- Jérôme ?
- Jérôme, Charles, Emile."

Here's what the subs say :
"- Are you Martinaud ?
- Belmond ? Yes, Belmond (Belmond is the cop typing on the machine....)
- Granduate from Xi'an Jiaotong University"
I am not kidding : I copied/pasted the last line. Whoever watched the movie, did you understand that the movie was about an investigation on a rape and murder of two 8yo girls ? Any time this fact is mentioned, the subs talk about everything but that...

I'll try and make you a watchable version, I promise :) But it might take *a bit* longer than expected...

Reasta
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

reastavachi wrote:OMG...

...I'll try and make you a watchable version, I promise :) But it might take *a bit* longer than expected...

Reasta
I'm sorry you're feeling obligated to do this... :(

I can't remember where I found the subs, but I'm flabbergasted that someone would take the time to put all the work they must have put into these subs only to end up with such a shiite-y product...

Please take all the time you need. I'm sure that any fan of this movie will be indebted to you for whatever you can come up with.

Obviously anything would be better than the original subs that I posted.. *sigh* :|

kev.
reastavachi

Don't be sorry ! I love challenges :) And I don't feel "obligated" at all !
I'll take a bit more time for that, and I asked a friend of mine to help me with the timing... He won't be available before next week, but he will sure give me a hand :)

This movie is a masterpiece, so it is very pleasant to work on it ^^

Btw, I feel really sorry for you, for having been forced to watch a great movie with these sh**ty subs.... :D

I don't know if other subs do exist. 15 minutes done so far, I'll take the time needed to do something good enough (something "great" would be even better :D ). I hope you'll like it.
The most difficult is that the dialogs were written by a man called Michel Audiard, who was VERY famous for his particular style (Les Tontons Flingueurs, Le Cave Se Rebiffe...)

You can count on me, I'm on it !
Reasta
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I know exactly how you feel. There have been movies that I spent over a week working on fixing the subtitles. One time (I think it was for The Man From Nowhere) after spending weeks working on the subtitles, a bunch of new and better subtitles were uploaded wasting all the time I'd spent on it. But I swear all the ones that I had to work with in the beginning were worse than what you would get from multiple google translations which is why it took me so long in the first place. That probably won't happen with this movie though considering how old it is. :D