[REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Tiny Blondie

Re: [REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

"Though everyone talks about the director's choice in filming in 'negative exposure' being an 'artistic' endeavor, I have an alternate theory:
Despite it being filmed in France and their laws being a little more lax about nudity in general, I think that the director knew that having a nude young girl frolicking about for an entire film in the company of adults would be tough to pass off, BUT with everything in the negative her nudity would not be as offensive.."

Interesting theory kev, it would work today, in our time of global hysteria about kids, but not in 1972 and furthemore in France, long before the madness came.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
zack_burgess2003 wrote:Very interesting factoid, Sully. Thankyou. And it might be the second longest nude scene by a young actress in that age range. 8-year-old Zsuzsa Czinkóczi spent much of the first part of Nobody's Daughter (1976) unclothed.
Don't forget Tom et Lola (1990) ... ;)
Demi tarif the scenes are not long but if prolonged

Tiny, the theory may be true, but most films only use a few seconds less than 2 min, but I do not think at that time it would be considered cp, if there was a film about naturism I do not think I use a negative.

I believe The director's daughter won the role not because she was the daughter, I think it would be because no other actress accepted to act and more the parents were the agents or decided for them
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I believe The director's daughter won the role not because she was the daughter, I think it would be because no other actress accepted to act and more the parents were the agents or decided for them
1972 was the time of the hippie culture, you would have easily been able to cast a child actress for this role with the consent of the parents. They would even have thought themselves progressive and anti-establishment.
But there were nevertheless conservative critics even by this time and they could have been more easily silenced if the director could have said: "Look the scenes are so innocent I took my own daughter for them ..." ;)
Last edited by Warg on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:Interesting theory kev, it would work today, in our time of global hysteria about kids ...
No, it wouldn't work. The "childprotectors" would not refrain from some hours of work to restore the movie to the positive just for the purpose to have something to complain about ... :eusa_liar
Sully23

Warg wrote:Look the scenes are so innocent I took my own daughter for them ... ;)
HaHahahahaha :lol:

To hell with it, if the present filmed a movie the plot is generated in a naturist summer camp the "childprotectors" will only be limited to the smoke in the head, and the interpretations laws some countries is allowed but if there are suggestive poses it would be considered illegal
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
Tiny Blondie wrote:Interesting theory kev, it would work today, in our time of global hysteria about kids ...
No, it wouldn't work. The "childprotectors" would not refrain from some hours of work to restore the movie to the positive just for the purpose to have something to complain about ... :eusa_liar
the "not" was missing in my reply, sorry (otherwise the sentence makes no sense with "in our time of global hysteria about kids") ;)
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:
Warg wrote:
the "not" was missing in my reply, sorry (otherwise the sentence makes no sense with "in our time of global hysteria about kids") ;)
No, your sentence was perfectly correct: you were talking about kevs theory in regard to the directors intention - and that (= kevs theory) fits modern hysteria. On the other hand such a strategy (= the directors intention in itself) would not work.
So there is no reason at all for apologies - it was me who intentfully turned the meaning ... ;)
zack_burgess2003

Post by zack_burgess2003 »   0 likes

I am curious about the background sound around the 16-minute mark, during Innocence's nude ride with her father in the convertible. Not sure if I am mistaken but the background voice seems to repeat the word, "pussy," over and over. This is when Innocence is standing up in the back sea, kissing her father and then stretching out on the trunk. They are approaching the farm. Did anyone else hear what I heard?
Sully23

He does not consider it relevant given that the word 'pussy' is not offensive, I do not know what the rest think
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:He does not consider it relevant given that the word 'pussy' is not offensive, I do not know what the rest think
As I already wrote to zack_burgess2003 in a PM: the word is of course not "pussy" - it's "poésie" ... :D