[REL] Daniel fait face (2018)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Daniel fait face (2018)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:
They kiss, she lowers him to the ground, and the two of them make hot passionate love for about 5 minutes uninterrupted.
I missed hearing that, I would have liked to find out for myself.
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

Ohh Deadman, you had a chance. The punch line comes LATE, like a day late.
Let us all dream and suffer, we don't have anything else to do anyway.
The excitement was entirely too short.
Relic
Terrysherry

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

deadman wrote:
Terrysherry wrote:What's the difference between 51 minutes, 52 minutes, 56 minutes and 59 minutes version?
It's all framerate. For example the version that's about 52 minutes has a rate of 25 fps whereas the 57 minute version is 24 fps. You wouldn't think that would matter but it does, different frame rates can add or subtract several minutes from a movie even though both versions are exactly the same scene-for-scene. I must confess I had the same idea when this movie was first posted. I went looking for 1080p (no luck), but there were a number of different files and it occurred to me than maybe the shorter ones were more heavily censored. Sadly no. Worth a shot though!
Thanks. I thought maybe it's the end credits that may have been cut in shorter version. I wasn't thinking of extra content but your post made me think so for a second. I didn't know framerates extend the duration of movies/videos. I will experiment a little by lowering framerate of some of my video files to see how it works.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Terrysherry wrote:Thanks. I thought maybe it's the end credits that may have been cut in shorter version. I wasn't thinking of extra content but your post made me think so for a second. I didn't know framerates extend the duration of movies/videos. I will experiment a little by lowering framerate of some of my video files to see how it works.
This is one film where it would've been especially nice to find an extended Director's Cut. Sadly you won't be seeing the deadman edition of Daniel fait face anytime soon! Sometimes longer files really do have more to them, the only way to be sure is to check and see.

You often see length differences due to framerate when comparing, for instance, a DVD (normally 25 fps) with an HDTV broadcast of the same movie (which can be 24, 25, 30, 50, or even 60 fps). You can exactly double the framerate of a clip by duplicating each frame and the playback will be smooth. But if you insert duplicate frames sporadically to preserve length you get that annoying video stutter. So most of the time broadcasters opt to simply play back the fixed number of frames at a faster rate. Whatever their standard happens to be. If 1 s of the original file plays back in 0.99 s that's not something the human senses can detect - but the total length of the movie could be shortened by, say, ten minutes. Regular TV networks and basic cable don't mind that time gap at all. They can fill it with advertising.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Traditionally all films on PAL TV play 1/24th faster as they'll speed up the frame rate from 24->25fps. I heard it pitch shifts the audio 0.4 of an octave if you don't account for that too. Given freeware software can do pitch shifting I imagine the TV stations of the last 20+ years fix that when they can be bothered. But yeah, the film will be 1/24th shorter. On a 3 hour film like Titanic it'd be 8 minutes shorter on PAL TV!
To go from 24fps -> 30fps TV for US TV they'd often just have some frames show for 2 and some for 3 interlaced frames (something called 3:2 pulldown I think). Where you can get odd interlaced artifacts when paused, but the speed is right.
Yeah, I'd heard they'd sometimes speed up things to get more adverts in - especially when say a 1h40m film didn't fit a 2hour time slot with enough ads for the network. For networks where starting on the half hour / hour was important.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   75 likes

Here's an upgrade to 1080p with hardcoded English subtitles:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.73 Gb]

Again it's running with 25 fps. This time the runtime is 54:43. The previous version we had was only 51:52. I didn't compare the content yet. Maybe it's just a framerate thing again.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I never heard of this one before! Thanks for the upgrade and the bump, this looks wonderful, and I quite like the ambiguous synopsis and screens.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:33 am Here's an upgrade to 1080p with hardcoded English subtitles:
[Image]

Daniel fait face (2018).1080p.en subs.mkv

Again it's running with 25 fps. This time the runtime is 54:43. The previous version we had was only 51:52. I didn't compare the content yet. Maybe it's just a framerate thing again.
Thanks a lot but can I ask where did you get it? I can't find it for sale
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:32 pm I never heard of this one before! Thanks for the upgrade and the bump, this looks wonderful, and I quite like the ambiguous synopsis and screens.
It was an ambiguous film lol
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Wow! Thanks Ghost. I've definitely heard of this one before 8-) but if pillowbaker hasn't he is in for a treat. Where did you track down an upgrade - is it streaming somewhere?

This movie used an all-amateur cast. There's no information to be found about any of the kids and they have no other credits. Too bad. I especially liked the way Madeleine Folacci managed to be bold and shy at the same time, but it seems we won't be seeing her again. :(