[REL] Petite Maman (2021)

Nasuada

Re: [REL] Petite Maman (2021)

Post by Nasuada »   2 likes

If we can trust JustWatch.com (Germany), it will run in mubi in 11 days.

https://www.justwatch.com/de/Film/Petite-maman
[Image]
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

I'm not really surprised, but nothing is happen. No release on Mubi and on justwatch the counter showing now a release for Feb. 18.
Looks like that Corona will move VOD releases to from now :lol: .
[Image]
Nasuada

Well. No release from now on Mubi, but now there is a digital and DVD / BluRay Release in the line for Germany.

A digital Copy you can preorder on iTunes in HD for 9,99
Search for: „Petite Maman: Als wir Kinder waren“ von Céline Sciamma. https://itunes.apple.com/de/movie/petit ... 1608579120

Cover:
26347DA4-7750-4E69-A583-920C250717AA.jpeg
On Amazon.de it‘s listed for July, 22 and can be preordered. No cover available yet. I hope it will have the same cover as for the french version, but I think it will have the cover of the iTunes Version, because that‘s looking more typical for german releases (2 girls will more look like a movie for kids, a girl with her mother in front of a bed looks more dramatic)
DVD for 16,49€ and BluRay for 18,99€
https://amzn.to/3Ie4AVb

Let's see if there then really comes out a BD in Germany. Have already seen often enough that it then remains with a DVD.

[Image]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
Nasuada

Some more Update...
The movie will be run in selected German cinemas next week (March 17.). So if you prefer to watch a movie on a big screen and you live in Germany, here is a chance.
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

O
M
G!! :shock:

Has ANYONE seen this movie yet???
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last night I was searching the 'Now Playing' list on my Atom App as I was thinking about going back and watching 'Hatching' again today, but [as I suspected it probably would be] it's not showing locally, anymore. I was disappointed, BUT to my amazement [and excitement] I saw that 'Petite Maman' WAS showing. :heart

I've had the file on my laptop since it was [REL]'ed back in Sept. of 2021, but have never taken the time to sit down and watch it. I didn't know anything about it except it had some sad overtones to it and it starred a cute girl [2 actually. Sisters {twins, obviously}; Joséphine & Gabrielle Sanz.].

In my head, it was a sad, slow-moving drama and I was never in the right mindset to deal with it. BUT when I saw it was being shown in a theater locally, well the thought of catching yet ANOTHER FLM-ish movie on the big screen was a big enticement for me. So I went! :heart

What a BIG surprise!! :shock: This is NOT a sad, depressing movie, but get your tissues ready!!!!! :icon_frown2 I got home and immediately started looking at reviews to see what others thought about this film. My favorite one-line synopsis is:
CinemaClown wrote:Petite Maman is a delicately crafted story that looks at love, loss, grief & innocence through the eyes of an 8-year old girl.
This is a beautiful movie, folks, you gotta watch it!!! (At least it moved me...)

And for best results do NOT read any reviews or anything else about this film until AFTER you see it!! :heart

Please do NOT read the spoiler until AFTER you watch the movie! Seriously, I don't want to spoil one second of this film for you!!!!
Spoiler:

I'm going ahead and writing this now as it is still fresh and vibrant [enough to still make me tear up {wimp-wussy that I am}] as I type.

My favorite scene that had me bawlin' was where Nelly is at Marion's house for a sleep-over the night before she leaves for the big city and they are in bed talking. Marion asks her:

Marion: How old was I when I had you?
Nelly: 23 [or some number like that]
pause
Marion: Did I want you?
pause
Nelly: Yes.
Marion: I'm not surprised, I'm thinking about you already.

Then later another line that grabbed me was as Nelly expresses a little angst at being the root of her mother's unhappiness, Marion tells her she needn't worry:
"You didn't invent my sadness."

Absolutely beautiful little film, I highly recommend it!
Again, it's ultimately NOT a sad film. And there are scenes where the girls are playing with each other, just being kids, that are [for me] beautiful encapsulations of childhood.. I know everyone is not going to love this movie like I did [sometimes the girl's acting seems almost wooden], but I think there's a LOT of you out there that will cherish it. It really is a moving and ultimately exuberant film about a mother-daughter relationship!

Please carve some time out in your schedules to watch this movie!!

kev.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for all the enthusiasm for recently released movies in your local theaters, kev! I wish my locals theaters would play stuff like this. You have made me excited to enough to check out what's going on at the small, indie theaters that are not quite as local! If nothing else, I can wait for a quality share here at FLM!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

You can watch it here for free (if you have a Finish IP): https://arenan.yle.fi/1-62321786