ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Messieurs les enfants (1997)

Post by ghost »   30 likes

Rich

Re: [REL] Messieurs les enfants (1997)

Post by Rich »   26 likes

[Image]

new complete link (date on link is wrong, but same size as other link so probably same file), nice movie, shame about the russian voiceovers :wall

some nice scenes though, check out the red dress :heart

Like this post to see ed2k links  [684.79 Mb]
Rich

Post by Rich »   11 likes

Rich wrote: some nice scenes though, check out the red dress :heart

Like this post to see ed2k links  [684.79 Mb]
CVMC wrote:On a magical night, a number of children, roughly eight to ten years of age, living in a small French town find themselves engaging in various conflicts with adults. Then, as if to teach everyone involved a lesson about the matter of perspective, the kids and grownups switch bodies and find themselves having to deal with each others' lives. Might they learn some important lessons before they are returned to their own shells? A decently done "body switch" flick, although it is bound to be best appreciated by those familiar with its language.
worth a look... :cool :cool
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

This is a remake.
The original is "Big" from 1988
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote:This is a remake.
The original is "Big" from 1988
Well... Not so much a 'remake' as an 'in-the-same-vein' film:
Rotten Tomatoes wrote:This French family fantasy follows in the footsteps of the fine and funny Big (1988). Solemn French schoolteacher Albert Crastaing (Jean-Louis Richard) punishes a trio of 12-year-olds by having them write a Kafkaesque essay with a body-switching premise, cueing the film's storyline of kids transformed into their parents... Elsewhere, the parents inhabit bodies of their children and experience problems kids face daily.
The way this 'synopsis' from Rotten Tomatoes reads the movie is more like body-switching movies like 'Freaky Friday' (1976/2003), 'Vice-Versa' (1988), 18 Again! (1988) [:think Hmmmm.... 1988 seemed to be a great year for 'switch' movies...]

However, scanning the film it looks like there wasn't so much of a 'body-switch' as there was the children transformed to adults and the adults were turned into children, thus making the comparison to 'Big' more accurate.. ;)

ALSO; I noticed that the only file available for this film has that horrid Russian dubbing. I found and ordered a Canadian DVD release; no English subs, unfortunately. If there's interest, I'll rip and post a file that should be 'dubb-free'. :D

kev.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

DVD at Rutracker has 2 audio tracks - Russian and French.
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   1 likes

Hey everyone !
Sorry for being so inactive, but my "real-life" activities have taken over my visists here...
I saw this movie a looooong ago, I really loved it. Vanessa Bile-Audouars is not the best actress ever, but she really has something.

For your information, this movie is NOT a remake from any other movie, since it's the adaptation of a French book by author Daniel Pennac. The book is actually quite boring, but the movie is a great piece of French cinema I think.

I'd really love to have a subs-free original-audio version if you could share it, Kev...

The synopsis is very simple : 3 boys get some extra work at school for bad behaviour. They have to write an essay. One imagines that adults become kids and kids become adults. More precisely, parents become children and their children take over the parenting role. It has some nice lines and is not very hard to understand. If there's a subfile existing, it could be transcripted/translated easily (my other translation stuff is... let's say at a dead point for now, so I could find some time for it, but I won't create a subs file out of nothing, it's too much work to get the synchro match perfectly).

Peace everyone ;)

Reasta
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

reastavachi wrote:...I'd really love to have a subs-free original-audio version if you could share it, Kev...

Peace everyone ;)

Reasta
My copy arrived Saturday. I just cleared out a space for my PC, so I'll see if I can get it up and running in the next few days. (I'll have to work on it in the evenings after work..)

Once it's working again, I can ripp the DVD and THEN try to get my eMule working again so I to share it out. I can also upload it to uloz.to for easy accessibility. :)

Thanks for the request, Reasta!! It's nice to be able to contribute something.. :)

kev.