[REL] Naissance des Pieuvres (2007)

popdrome

[REL] Naissance des Pieuvres (2007)

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_g ... 14644.html

Starring Adele Haenel ( of Les Diables) she must be around 17 yo by now, and a younger girl. It's about budding lesbianinnity (or whatever the word is lol)

Make sure you watch the trailer.
En assistant par hasard à un spectacle de natation synchronisée, Marie 15 ans a une véritable épiphanie. Elle développe une obsession pour cette étrange discipline. A moins que ce désir absurde en cache un autre, plus souterrain, pour cette fille, la star des nageuses, Floriane... Dans la solitude de leurs chambres, les filles de 15 ans ne sont pas gracieuses. Elles ne sont pas ce qu'on croit. Surtout quand le désir et l'amour surgissent violemment pour la première fois comme une maladie avec ses étranges symptômes.
redcat

Re: [REL] Naissance des Pieuvres (2007)

Post by redcat »   0 likes

Found this movie on emule but DRM protected. If anyone know how remove drm... :think:
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

Its probably a fake. I know French releases in particular have a lot of fakes on emule. If you do a search it shows several versions of this film and some of these are only a few hundred kilobytes.
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I certainly am interested in this one if anybody can find it.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Quote:
En assistant par hasard à un spectacle de natation synchronisée, Marie 15 ans a une véritable épiphanie. Elle développe une obsession pour cette étrange discipline. A moins que ce désir absurde en cache un autre, plus souterrain, pour cette fille, la star des nageuses, Floriane... Dans la solitude de leurs chambres, les filles de 15 ans ne sont pas gracieuses. Elles ne sont pas ce qu'on croit. Surtout quand le désir et l'amour surgissent violemment pour la première fois comme une maladie avec ses étranges symptômes.

Assisting by chance a display of synchronised swimming, Marie (15) has a real epiphany, or vision. She develops an obsession for this strange discipline. But this absurde desire hides another one, more secret, for this girl, the swimmer star Floriane.... In the solitude of their rooms the girls of 15 aren´t that gracious. They aren´t what we believe they are. Especially if the desire and love rise up violently for the first time, like a sickness, with its strange symptomes.

Huh, sounds defintely VERY interesting!
slimjim

Post by slimjim »   0 likes

abel wrote:Huh, sounds defintely VERY interesting!
Yup, it's interesting. I saw it on the weekend, as there's a French Film Festival on down here and "Water Lilies" is one of the films included.
http://www.frenchfilmfestival.org/sydney/film31.aspx
slimjim

Post by slimjim »   77 likes

It's out now, and there's lots of sources.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [683.42 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Screenshots, anyone? :pray
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

That was nice :)
Many thanks for this one!
Starring Adele Haenel ( of Les Diables) she must be around 17 yo by now, and a younger girl. It's about budding lesbianinnity (or whatever the word is lol)
Which girl was Adele Haenel, because the younger girl was the only one I would have said looked vaguely like Adele Haenel?

If the younger more petit girl is Adele Haenel, I think she has become less attractive since Les Diables.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

This was also posted recently to Usenet, in alt.binaries.movies.french.

Looks interesting, I am waiting for English subs. They must exist, this movie played recently in the UK (might still be) and in Australia.

A couple of interesting reviews I ran across:

http://melbfilmblog.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... val-3.html
Water Lilies is intelligent film and has what the recent raft of Australian coming-of-age stories lack: an underlying realism. It seems aimed more at an adult audience and I wonder how a teenage audience would respond to it. Or whether it found a teenage audience in France.

The story revolves around a petite 15-year old, Marie (Pauline Acquart). It involves her friend, Anne (Louise Blachère), a member of a synchronised swimming team, and the captain of the team, Floriane (Adele Haenel). The film is basically a depiction of teenage exploration of sexuality and identity, friendship and love. There are some parallels with American Beauty, though that film could never have gotten away with the teenage nudity in this film. But it's not as gritty as say, a Larry Clark film. Of some note, this film is directed by a woman, Céline Sciamma.

The film completely dispenses with parents, a device of convenience, I suspect, to avoid complicating the film with other issues. The focus is clearly on Marie, her friends and their sexuality and friendship. The cinematography is beautiful and the combination of that and the music remind me of someone I can't recall. It's not unlike Van Sant's recent films in some respects but vastly different in others.

The three main characters were all convincing and the story is well-written. It's another example of a small story that the French are often so good at.
http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/films/ ... page_id=27
Water Lilies is hands down the best synchronised swimming, teenage lesbian flick of 2008 (so far) but I suspect the praise lavished on this otherwise unremarkable little French coming-of-ager has more to do with firm, wet limbs than anything else.

Admittedly, the internal turmoils of budding adolescence are sensitively refracted through its three convincing female leads: the manipulative team hottie with a slaggy reputation; the flat-chested, self-contained tomboy who confusedly loves her; and said flat-chested girl's tubby best friend, who's desperate to cop off with boys (here largely absent).

Softcore Mini Pops moments aside, the charged, languid atmosphere heaves with more mournful longing than 'action' – as is traditional in lesbian dramas.

At least debut director Céline Sciamma is just as keen to focus on what's going on beneath the swimsuits. And no, not (just) like that.