[REL] La Nouvelle Guerre des Boutons (2011)

ptguardian

Re: [REQ] La Nouvelle Guerre des Boutons (2011)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

You have been here as long as me. We both know why this forum is here and what it is about. I don't want to see it change.

Thanks for sharing this. :cool My bandwidth limit sucks my arsehole and not in a good way. I am working on changing this little sharing set back. :think
vidman49

Re: [REL] La Nouvelle Guerre des Boutons (2011)

Post by vidman49 »   11 likes

FINALLY FOUND ENGLISH SUBS for this !!!!!!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [79.5 Kb]

Don't let the word "French" in parenthesis fool you, they are English subs.

Also finally got my internet computer up and running again - so my uploads are again available. (I don't do internet with my main computer).

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Great and thanks for posting this, I got the large .mkv file and the subs. But, I tried VLC, MPC (Home Cinema), KMV, GOM, Windows Media Player, Alshow and couple of others and NONE of them will play the file. I hate Matroska, it ALWAYS causes problems.... this is the info I got from MediaInfo -

Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 4.36 GiB
Duration : 1h 39mn
Overall bit rate : 6 275 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-01-17 19:53:21
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.9.1 ('Ich will') built on Jul 11 2011 23:53:15
Writing library : libebml v1.2.1 + libmatroska v1.1.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 39mn
Bit rate : 4 765 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate : 24.000 fps

I have KLite and a couple of other Codec packs.... to no avail....

Any suggestions?
ptguardian

Guest wrote:Any suggestions?
More than likely you need to Upgrade your video card. I can play bigger files than this with mkv with zero problems on all my computers including my under powered laptop. Either you need to re-install your codecs and media player or upgrade your computer because it does not have the power and or memory to handle the file. ;)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Thanks for the hints, ptg, but I don't think its the video card, but a codec problem. I say that, because I have a few other fairly large .mkv files and they play very smoothly in MPC, AlShow, the KMPlayer, or VLC - even Windows Media Player handles some of them OK. For example, my "Clan of the Cave Bear" is a 1.4Gb mkv file, and plays well in the noted players. I think the problem may be that this particular file "Lex Nouvelles Guerre des Boutons" requires Vista or better because its a slightly different codec.... this old pc will not handle that! As I say, I hate Matroska... I read on the Internet web about so many, many people having problems with Matroska - so I am not alone in disliking that container!
ptguardian

You might find the help you need here http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

It might also be a bitrate issue - the higher bitrate puts a greater demand on the HDD which has to feed the media player. Try turning off all other processes that might be using the HDD.

My favourite codec pack is from shark007 http://shark007.net/index.html :D

It is not a big deal to to unpack the mkv and repack it using mp4. If that doesn't work, you could try re-encoding the video to something less demanding - it will take ages on a slow computer, but what the hey!
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

emuler wrote: My favourite codec pack is from shark007 http://shark007.net/index.html :D
Any experience? Verified?
All the little girls are in love only to me
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Honestly, I don´t know any reason for a new version of La Guerre, this one from 1962 is perfect, and any other new version didn´t bring anything substantially new to it.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Pardal2008 wrote:
emuler wrote: My favourite codec pack is from shark007 http://shark007.net/index.html :D
Any experience? Verified?
Yes. I've been using it for almost a year on my various computers. Tested by me on Windows XP 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit and Windows 8 Developer Preview and Consumer Preview 64 bit. Still to try on Windows 8 Release Preview 64 bit. :D Works out of the box, first time, every time. Also, has certain tweaks for DLNA video streaming which is how I found this codec pack in the first place.

Download MPC HC standalone version from sourceforge. With the shark007 codec pack it will play practically everything.