[REL] Un Amour De Jeunesse / Goodbye First Love (2011)

jezevex

Re: [REL] Goodbye First Love (2011)

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

Hello Deadman, this movie was released by me 7 years ago here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 129&t=8112, but it was moved to VOT. Then I wrote:
"I have scanned it through again and I must change my mind and agree that it's off topic. She looks young, but her behaviour definitely doesn't match with age. A girl that should be 15 (by screenplay) rather listens to Justin Bieber and tries kissing with her best girlfriend than makes sex and takes it so natural. Maybe a good movie, but cut off from reality, I think."

Firstly, I would propose to merge these two topics in the REL forum, and then we could discuss where it belongs.
Warg

Post by Warg »   1 likes

jezevex wrote:A girl that should be 15 (by screenplay) rather listens to Justin Bieber and tries kissing with her best girlfriend than makes sex and takes it so natural. Maybe a good movie, but cut off from reality, I think.
Sorry, but I rather think your description of 15 year old girls "cut off from reality". Do you know how many 15 year old mothers exist? :?
That kind of behaviour you describe is rather typical for 11 or 12 years ... :lol:
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:Hello Deadman, this movie was released by me 7 years ago here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 129&t=8112, but it was moved to VOT. Then I wrote:
"I have scanned it through again and I must change my mind and agree that it's off topic. She looks young, but her behaviour definitely doesn't match with age. A girl that should be 15 (by screenplay) rather listens to Justin Bieber and tries kissing with her best girlfriend than makes sex and takes it so natural. Maybe a good movie, but cut off from reality, I think."

Firstly, I would propose to merge these two topics in the REL forum, and then we could discuss where it belongs.
Yes, I found it here:

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 129&t=8112

A lot of links to old topics have first-loves.com.ua instead of first-loves.net, you have to remember to substitute or it leads nowhere.

I searched under the English title, and not the French name Un Amour De Jeunesse, probably the reason for the mixup. If you want to merge the threads go ahead and ask a mod to do it, I have no objection. Best to avoid multiple threads for a single movie.

I don't know why you'd put it in off-topic though. Lola Créton was 16 during filming. As the director herself said this is something of a reversal from what you usually see in movies. A teenager pretending to be an adult instead of the other way around. According to her Lola didn't come across that way in real life, wise beyond her years. The pain of loss her character experiences was something she had no personal frame of reference for. That was 100% acting. A few times the adult Camille does seem a little immature for her age - but not often, and not glaringly so.

Actually I think it would be interesting to shoot a film where all the main characters were teenagers masquerading as adults. The same way TV high school classes are often filled with twentysomething "kids". For example, you could have a law firm run by 14-16 year-olds. That sort of thing. Cast actors who can pull it off with plausibility (hot office romances included). I would consider that movie very much on topic, wouldn't you? The fact that our lead actress is trying a murder case by day wouldn't ruin it for me in the least. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

first-loves.com.ua and first-loves.net are one and the same.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:first-loves.com.ua and first-loves.net are one and the same.
first-loves.com.ua just tells me that my connection is not secure. Wasn't that the old domain?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:first-loves.com.ua and first-loves.net are one and the same.
first-loves.com.ua just tells me that my connection is not secure. Wasn't that the old domain?
That just means the certificate has problems. I use both but mostly .ua and just add an exception to Firefox.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Un Amour De Jeunesse / Goodbye First Love (2011)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The com.ua domain has problems with https, therefore the warning in your browser.

Both domains are using exactly the same database.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
jezevex wrote:A girl that should be 15 (by screenplay) rather listens to Justin Bieber and tries kissing with her best girlfriend than makes sex and takes it so natural. Maybe a good movie, but cut off from reality, I think.
Sorry, but I rather think your description of 15 year old girls "cut off from reality". Do you know how many 15 year old mothers exist? :?
That kind of behaviour you describe is rather typical for 11 or 12 years ... :lol:
Yes, but this movie takes place in France. The phenomenon you described is IMHO rather typical of Latin-America countries.
Sully23

Re: [REL] Un Amour De Jeunesse / Goodbye First Love (2011)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

But beyond the discussions this work by Mia Hansen is quite interesting.

Before posting a topic in the forum I always look for both REL and REQ first to see if it exists, I regret it happened
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:Yes, but this movie takes place in France. The phenomenon you described is IMHO rather typical of Latin-America countries.
The poorer the country, the greater the number of teenage pregnancies because lack of contraception. But it exists of course everywhere.

In Germany every 3rd girl lost her innocence before her 16th birthday (80es/90es, I don't have newer figures but I've once heard the percentage of 14 year olds that already had sex were 10% of the boys and 12% of the girls). In 1993 - inspite of harder child sex (under 14 years) laws - most still existing legal obstacles for sex in the age between 14 and 16 years have been abolished.
In Japan a statistic of the 2000's showed that every 3rd girl had at least once prostituted herself before her 18th birthday (but that's a very special case due to japanese culture).
I guess in other high developed countries it will be similar ...
Last edited by Warg on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.