[REL] Opatrně! AKA Julia (2004) short [Czech Republic | Sweden]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Opatrně! AKA Julia (2004) short [Czech Republic | Sweden]

Post by ghost »   29 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0850302/
11-year old Julia is sent to her grandfather, against her will. The stay in the countryside soon turns into something far from expected.
[Image]

Online: https://vimeo.com/310501439

Like this post to see ed2k links  [437.02 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Opatrně! AKA Julia (2004) short [Czech Republic | Sweden]

Post by kev »   1 likes

Thanks for bringing this here, ghost!

Somber film with a bit of a cryptic ending.. :think

The imdb synopsis says:
11-year old Julia is sent to her grandfather, against her will. The stay in the countryside soon turns into something far from expected.
Oddly enough I didn't find anything 'far from expected' in THIS film. She spent time with her grandfather; at the end of her stay she's not sure about leaving and wants to come back; as she leaves it flashes to the future with her on a fishing boat with the wind blowing through her hair bringing back memories of her trip home. (A basic 'literal' interpretation of the ending..)

Now, the director made a music video with the group 'Little Dragon' for the song 'Crystalfilm' [ https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 894#p82894 ] and it extensively uses footage from the film, PLUS some added footage of both the older and younger 'Julia'. The MUSIC VIDEO adds a twist to the movie plot by having Julia confront a group of masked scarecrows in a field, which then follow her around for the duration of the video. :shock:

If THIS bit of strangeness had been in the actual film, then THAT might have been 'far from expected'.. 8-)

(I actually watched the music video first and when I finally watched the film I was waiting for the scarecrows to appear for the entire time...) :lol:

ANOTHER little side note to this film is that it's the same director of another short film that we have here; 'Kärleksbarn (2009)' [ https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 4RLEKSBARN ].

Thanks again, ghost, great little melancholy short film.

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the infos, kev. ;)

I didn't remember this music video.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:...I didn't remember this music video.
That's probably because I posted it shortly before I made the post in this thread. :shock: :)

I thought it was neat, especially with the fact as how different the plots both are. Mostly the same images telling two different stories.. :think

kev.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

I don't want to be too pedantic, but repair please the title from "Opatrnê" to "Opatrně" (which means carefully). :-)
Thx.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:I don't want to be too pedantic, but repair please the title from "Opatrnê" to "Opatrně" (which means carefully). :-)
Thx.
Done, my pedantic friend. :) (To the point that your request seems unwarranted... ;) )

And you are most welcome.

Thank you for pointing out our serious misuse of a diacritic. :shock: Just what were we saying with the word 'Opatrnê' ? :think

kev.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

kev wrote:
jezevex wrote:I don't want to be too pedantic, but repair please the title from "Opatrnê" to "Opatrně" (which means carefully). :-)
Thx.
Just what were we saying with the word 'Opatrnê' ? :think
Nothing, the Czech language doesn't use this diacritical mark which is called Circumflex (in contradistinction to Slovak and many other languages), so don't be afraid, you cannot change the meaning of the word to something inappropriate with this symbol. :-)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:
kev wrote:
Thx.
Just what were we saying with the word 'Opatrnê' ? :think
Nothing, the Czech language doesn't use this diacritical mark which is called Circumflex (in contradistinction to Slovak and many other languages), so don't be afraid, you cannot change the meaning of the word to something inappropriate with this symbol. :-)
Whew!

That's good to know. Just didn't want some cross-cultural misunderstanding to cause us to say something REALLY bad.. :think

ie:

Opatrně = Carefully; while Opatrnê = Carefully f*ck yer momma.. :shock:

Again, we really do appreciate corrections [and absolutely EVERYTHING you bring to FLM, jezevex!!] despite the arse I'm making of myself.. :lol:

kev.