[REL] Sexy Thing (2006) short [Australia]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
billanben

Re: [REL] Sexy Thing (2006) [Short]

Post by billanben »   0 likes

emuler wrote:billanben: codecs are a bit of a pain. I have found the most trouble free install to be this:

Uninstall any codecs you are able to.

Go to http://www.free-codecs.com

1. Download K-Lite Codec Pack
1a. Install it with all default options.
2. Download Real Alternative.
2a. Install everything except Media Player Classic (which you have already installed as part of the codec pack in step 1a).
3. Download Quicktime Alternative.
3a. Install everything except Media Player Classic (which you have already installed as part of the codec pack in step 1a).
4. Reboot.
I appreciate the advice but have to say that I have deep mistrust (some from personal experience and some from what I have read) of CODEC packs as they often contain outdated CODECs, CODECs which you don't need, some which you just should NOT install and other issues - that is not to say all are bad, just that there are bad ones out there. My main Vid CODEC is FFDShow which is recommended by many sites, and which will enable playing of many Vid formats. Also the CODECs which come with VLC seem to do a great job by and large - it just seems to be unable to decode some MP4s, mkv files and some DIVX files. I am very reluctant to uninstall all CODECs as things ARE working - just the aforesaid files I have problems with. Also I have unsupported OS (technically).
Debaser - try this link

www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

Thanks to all for advice.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Just to let you know; I also use the k-lite codec pack
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I too have tried many codec packs and have finally found one that works, and is updated regularly. Steps 2 and 3 add support for real media and qucktime types. Don't install them if you don't need to. But if you do, don't install the Media Player Classic again - that confuses the system and causes problems.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

emuler wrote:I too have tried many codec packs and have finally found one that works, and is updated regularly. Steps 2 and 3 add support for real media and qucktime types. Don't install them if you don't need to. But if you do, don't install the Media Player Classic again - that confuses the system and causes problems.
So you are using MPC for everything and not VLC right EM ?
whohas

Post by whohas »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:I understood that daddy wanted to get it on, but mummy interrupted proceedings.

Mum needn’t have worried because the girl was happy floating around with the fishes & dad was happy with his busy hands.

Perhaps I missed the point ;) :)
Yeah that happened and its true, I just think theres more to the film than that. (from the creators point of view anyway) still, I liked the presentation and directing of it, very unique which is the main reason why I like rare world cinema :)
Movies that explain everything so blatently are like explaining a joke to somebody who doesn't get it, normally ends up not so funny at the end, if u know what i mean (eg, american television generally), and usually not good films. But I am drifting off topic, so I will end
--fin--
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

billanben wrote:So you are using MPC for everything and not VLC right EM ?
I'm using VLC only for eMule preview (with partfile plugin). MPC for everything else except DVDs with menus - I like PowerDVD for that. Winamp for audio.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

:cool
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Welcome to the forum Supremacist. Cool avartar :cool
SEXY2000

Post by SEXY2000 »   0 likes