[REL] Monsters in the Closet (1994) short [USA]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
starfish21

[REL] Monsters in the Closet (1994) short [USA]

Post by starfish21 »   81 likes

Monsters in the Closet

'Dirty girls, masturbation, incest, lesbian accusations - sexual biographies mixed up with home-movie-like footage.'

- IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1086339/

Like this post to see ed2k links  [198.34 Mb]
ptguardian

Re: short - Monsters in the Closet(1994)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Sounds more like you will be bringing Monsters out of the closet for this one. ;)

Thanks Starfish :thumbsup
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

this reminds me of something i've been trying to find for years.i remember a film very like this on ch4(uk) in the eighties,it was audio of women recalling their first sexual experiences as children,the video was home video like footage of various girls skipping and such,one clip was of a girl twirling in a dress.it was called 'butterflies' or something very like that.

definitely American(possibly Canadian)
nomar1968

Post by nomar1968 »   0 likes

no offense to the poster but this was lousy, have to be on drugs to understand it lol.
starfish21

what was it that you found difficult to understand?
it's a simple little collection of sexual recollections.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Your comment says more about you than about the film, nomar ;)

I've seen this sort of film listed before on LGBT anthology DVDs, childhood/adolescent recollections about how tough it was growing up. I have no problem with playing to their target audience, but in general people often focuses on how tough they had it and don't consider that others had their own problems to deal with.

The video - a series of short clips from what seem to be home movies, as well as "animation" using still frames -- is I think meant to be chaotic and underscore the theme.

Short films are ideal for this sort of thing because you can do things other than narrative plots, and creative use film techniques which would get tedious in a full-length feature. But it's not surprising if many people dislike this one.

Thanks starfish! :clap
meisje

Post by meisje »   0 likes

nomar1968 wrote:no offense to the poster but this was lousy, have to be on drugs to understand it lol.
I always watch movies while on drugs, so it sounds like something for me :onfire

Thanks starfish :thumbsup
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I have watched "Avant Garde" type movies in the past and have liked them. This movie is not one of them.

Unlike what previous posters have said I believe the director must have been on drugs when making this short.

However I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, I saw it and I formed an opinion, but it is nice that you
are bringing us alternative type viewing. This just broadens our horizons.

So in that vein:

Thank You for this
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

rmt@36 wrote:I have watched "Avant Garde" type movies in the past and have liked them. This movie is not one of them.

Unlike what previous posters have said I believe the director must have been on drugs when making this short.

However I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, I saw it and I formed an opinion, but it is nice that you
are bringing us alternative type viewing. This just broadens our horizons.

So in that vein:

Thank You for this
TOTALLY agree with rmt there. Rubbish, but the good kind of rubbish it is! :icon_alc
starfish21

delighted to see so many replies,but the point seems to be have missed that it wasn't really for 'viewing' more for listening.it's an audio clip with some old unconnected
home movie footage stuck on.
:cool