[REL] ...und ich dachte, du magst mich (1987)

theoldmovies

Re: [REL] ...und ich dachte, du magst mich (1987)

Post by theoldmovies »   0 likes

does it have subtitle?
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

theoldmovies wrote:does it have subtitle?
Instead of asking this question for every movie you're interested in, just read the thread. If any of us have found subs they'll be there. This movie, like entirely too many others, has no subtitles posted in any language. Should you find them on your own somewhere, you're invited to come back here and share them!

Otherwise the only way is for someone who speaks German to create them. Take it from me, that's a long and tedious job when you don't even have the time codes.
theoldmovies

Post by theoldmovies »   0 likes

deadman wrote:
theoldmovies wrote:does it have subtitle?
Instead of asking this question for every movie you're interested in, just read the thread. If any of us have found subs they'll be there. This movie, like entirely too many others, has no subtitles posted in any language. Should you find them on your own somewhere, you're invited to come back here and share them!

Otherwise the only way is for someone who speaks German to create them. Take it from me, that's a long and tedious job when you don't even have the time codes.

sorry deadman i thought there will be subtitle as the post is 8 years old :)
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

theoldmovies wrote:sorry deadman i thought there will be subtitle as the post is 8 years old :)
Just providing a helpful tip. We always post subtitles when we can find them. If you read through all the comments and nobody's posted any, they probably don't exist - yet. Someone who speaks the language sometimes decides to make a set. Or a TV broadcast or streaming version with subtitles provides them. Check back every so often.

I ordered the DVD for this movie and posted it last year, and the disc doesn't come with subs even in the native German. So there's nothing to work with. I really, really wish there was a program that could transcribe movie dialogue into subtitles automatically. Unfortunately, with different voices, people sometimes talking over other people, only a human being can handle the job well. Software will be able to do it someday. But not today.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks deadman for the quality video of this adorably perky-looking movie! Very excited to have this in the watch queue! Hope it's still available. I'll help keep an eye out for subs.

deadman, your comments made me curious about DEFA so I looked it up and read a little about the Deutsche Film production company. Did they do a lot of coming of age film like this?

ptguardian, thanks for the original post and share, and especially for the additional recommendations! I'll check out Mees Kees and Bennie Stout. In a world glutted with choice, suggestions provide much needed focus. Any other recs you have I'll eat up right away! (I know ptg is inactive, still leaving a thank you)
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote:deadman, your comments made me curious about DEFA so I looked it up and read a little about the Deutsche Film production company. Did they do a lot of coming of age film like this?
Yep, they did a fair number of them.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman, you are the master of understatement. ;)

pillowbaker, I am not exactly sure what you meant by "like this". If you are just now discovering DEFA ... wow! You are in store for some great movies! You recently posted in "Sabine Kleist, sieben Jahre" (1982) -- that is DEFA (but not a summer camp movie). If you want another DEFA title with somewhat older children at summer camp, try [REL]Sieben Sommersprossen (1978). Just search "DEFA" here at FLM and you will find a number of other films, although there are surely many more DEFA titles not identified as such.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:pillowbaker, I am not exactly sure what you meant by "like this". If you are just now discovering DEFA ... wow! You are in store for some great movies! You recently posted in "Sabine Kleist, sieben Jahre" (1982) -- that is DEFA (but not a summer camp movie). If you want another DEFA title with somewhat older children at summer camp, try [REL]Sieben Sommersprossen (1978). Just search "DEFA" here at FLM and you will find a number of other films, although there are surely many more DEFA titles not identified as such.
Thanks for the recommendations, Night. I did go ahead and check out some of the DEFA catalogue. Coincidentally, I have seen and enjoyed Sieben Sommersprossen long ago! Seven Freckles I think the English titles goes. And as the joke goes, yes we get to see all seven of them. :mrgreen:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   56 likes

Upscaled to HD for better viewing:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.49 Gb]
Zorijer

Post by Zorijer »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Upscaled to HD for better viewing:
Why is it smaller than the ISO, though?