The Police Officer's Wife (World-wide)
The Policeman's Wife (World-wide)

RFF Entry:

http://rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=41848

IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734429/

No other info sorry.
tolsty

Re: [REQ] Die Frau des Polizisten (2013)

Post by tolsty »   35 likes

Нашёл на торренте
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.36 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Die Frau des Polizisten (2013)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, Quickone for pointing this film out, and thanks, tolsty for releasing it. :thumbsup

http://cineuropa.org/f.aspx?t=film&did=198786
cineuropa wrote:The story of a young couple who live in a small town with their four-year-old daughter. The husband is so caught up in his work as a policeman that he gradually becomes increasingly alienated from his wife and daughter who become ever closer to one another as they discover the new town. It is only a matter of time before the conflicts within the family manifest themselves.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Thanks Tolsty.
starfish21

[REL]The Policeman's Wife (2013) -Die Frau des Polizisten

Post by starfish21 »   48 likes

The Policeman's Wife (2013) -Die Frau des Polizisten

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

A simple film. A man, a woman, a child. A small town. The square apartment. Perfect Sundays. The story of a young family. The ceaseless labor of love out of which emerges what is later called the soul of a person. Creating the cradle of love that nurtures the child’s evolving soul. Affection and distance. The father’s career at the local police department. And the mother solely devoted to caring for the child. The violence between husband and wife. We watch as this woman sinks. And how she does everything she can to save this child’s soul, to keep it intact, to let it grow. To teach the child love. THE POLICE OFFICER’S WIFE is a film about the virtue of love, the virtue of curiosity, the virtue of joy. And about the darkness within us.~ german-films.de

Not much info at IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734429/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A young couple lead a modest provincial existence with their small daughter. The husband is a policeman, a common middle- class civil servant. The wife stays at home and cares for their little girl, an alert and curious child, always looking up inquisitively at her mother. This beautiful, seemingly ordinary family live a frugal life of simple joys. It is also a life of increasing violence measured by the dark bruises of the police officer's wife...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/die_fra ... olizisten/

More info (spoilers)
Spoiler:

Different, but not in a good way
19 February 2015 | by Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) (Berlin, Germany) – See all my reviews

"Die Frau des Polizisten" is certainly a strange film. It runs for roughly three hours and includes really a lot of very short chapters. Sometimes, we only see a man for a couple seconds and nothing really happens. And there is no dialog either. Or in another chapter an injured deer is shot by a police officer. Most of the chapters are as random as it gets. In one of them, we see nothing but somebody cutting onions for a meal. Half of them have no relationship to the main plot at all. The result is that I thought the film drags really a lot and it could have been kept at two hours or less and nothing of value would have been lost.

Most of the film we see interactions between the two lead characters, said police officer and his wife and frequently their little kid is involved too. The policeman seems to be violent and struggles hard to find happiness and as a result of that he frequently beats his wife. There are roughly 60 chapters and the start and ending intertitle of each chapter last for 15 seconds both taken together, so 15 minutes or more of the film are just intertitles. The writing is not great either. The dialogs don't seem authentic all the time. In one scene, he calls her the basis of his logistics. That was especially bad.

The only position from which I could approve of this film is the issue of domestic violence and how a kid reacts to that. Otherwise, this movie was a failed attempt by writer and director Philip Gröning at being different and artistic. The two lead performances weren't particularly memorable either. Not recommended, even if some film festivals will disagree with me.

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Tech info:
Spoiler:

General
Complete name : the.policemans.wife.2013.dvdrip.x264-redblade.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 1.06 GiB
Duration : 2h 55mn
Overall bit rate : 863 Kbps

Video
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 368 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.957
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps

Audio
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 9ms
Language : German
This is almost 3 hours long,about 2 hours too long for my liking,it comes with english subs but they wouldn't workin MPC for me,but were fine in VLC,maybe someone can figure them out.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.06 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [33.5 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.76 Mb]
ferdi111

Re: [REL]The Policeman's Wife (2013) -Die Frau des Poliziste

Post by ferdi111 »   2 likes

There are English subs at Opensubtitles
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... vie-190602
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Nice caps ;)

Be careful with imageshack, though.

Should be merged with https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... =14&t=9856
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i searched the english title... :oops:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

No worries, I appreciate the smaller file. I didn't have the bandwidth to download the 4.36 GB one tolsty posted.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:No worries, I appreciate the smaller file. I didn't have the bandwidth to download the 4.36 GB one tolsty posted.
Me neither. Thanks from me too, starfish21. :D