[REL] Chachi 420 (1998)

FLL

Re: [REL] Chachi 420 (1998)

Post by FLL »   7 likes

I have this archived from a.b.m.thelostmovies, thanks to "Deadly" for this post!

Notes: In Deadly's early rips such as this one, he apparently played the DVD on the computer and captured the screen output. This means you see a bit of the DVD menu at the beginning, you see black bars on the top and bottom since it's a widescreen release, the subs font is ugly, and overall the quality isn't as good as with a pure DVDRip. (Plus 829MB isn't a lot for a movie 2:38 long). Also, VLC complains the AVI is broken and seeking won't work, but clicking "don't fix" it seems to be fine as far as I can quickly tell. The runtime looks a bit off, too.

Still, for all the problems, this is the best I can find and it's subbed. All the torrents I can quickly find for it are dead and/or unsubbed. So here it is, until someone has something better... maybe someone here has the DVD.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [829.25 Mb]

The attached information file:

Title: Chachi 420
File Name: Chachi420.avi
Year: 1998
Genre: Comedy / Drama
Certification: Not Rated
Language: Hindi
Sub-titles: English
Format: avi
Video Codec: XviD MPEG-4
Audio Codec: MP3 96kbps
File Size: 829 MB
Dimensions: 640 x 480
Quality: DVD
Sound: stereo
Length: 165 min.

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233422/

Plot Outline:
Several years after heiress Janki (Tabu) elopes with dance director Jaiprakash Paswan (Padmashri Kamal Haasan), the couple divorces because her father (Amrish Puri) won't accept the difference in their social status. Jaiprakash, devastated that he can only see his daughter once a week, disguises himself as Mrs. Godbhole and lands a position as his little girl's caretaker in this hilarious Indian take on Mrs. Doubtfire.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I would like to warn you that Indian movies are for the most part an acquired taste. ;) If you've seen West Side Story you already have some idea of what I mean. Forthermore, subtle nuances are not part of our acting milieu. 99% of our movies suck. This, being a Mrs. Doubtfire ripoff, invites comparison with the original and comes off second best. However, if you still want this, I'll go buy the DVD. Let me know.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Cool thanks FLL, def worth a look if I remember the screencaps from stargalaxy correctly :cool
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Any comments on this one???? :-?
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

What more comments? Let's see.. cute girl, about 6-8y. Minor accident with fireworks causes a burn on the torso/ abdomen, so she's topless for a few scenes. No sexual overtones whatsoever involving the kid, so don't download it for the 'skin' factor. Think Mrs. Doubtfire with only the youngest girl instead of three kids. Tons of melodrama - overbearing father-in-law is a meddling control freak; misguided estranged wife eventually comes to her senses.

As offered earlier, if you want it, I'll go buy the DVD. My part of the world - readily available - costs about $10.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:As offered earlier, if you want it, I'll go buy the DVD. My part of the world - readily available - costs about $10.
After seeing this (Thanks FLL), I'd advise you to save your money.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:maybe someone here has the DVD.
Well, "someone" of course *does* have the DVD, but according to the comments, it seems to be not the most wanted movie here...
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   9 likes

I decided to post a short clip anyway. I am not sure if a bottle of wine is enough for this movie, but with a bottle of vodka it looks pretty fine :all_coholic

Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.02 Mb]

[Image]
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

shanemorgan wrote:...This movie is like Hollywood movie story.
Yes... :think That is what emuler meant when he said:
emuler wrote:... This, being a Mrs. Doubtfire ripoff, invites comparison with the original and comes off second best....
emuler also said Indian movies were an 'acquired taste'.. This is definitely one of those.

I've had the DVD for quite a few years now, and I've NEVER been able to finish watching it.. I haven't even made it to the bathing scene pictured above.. :( I can't really remember, but I don't even think I made it past the first song... :wall

kev.