[REL] Desideria: La vita interiore (1980)

Re: [REL] Desideria: La vita interiore (1980)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

If you enable the option to Get first/last chunks for preview, eMulePlus :thumbup1: gets the first chunk (which has the avi header) and the last two chunks (which contain the avi index). Once these are downloaded, you can preview the file in anything, and seeking is very quick too.

For previewing partially downloaded files from inside eMule or eMulePlus, use VLC and the partfile plugin. Note that the plugin is version specific.
For VLC ver 0.8.2 the plugin is:
http://www.geocities.com/sibermutant/vl ... -win32.zip
This plugin reads the met file and finds out where the gaps are, so the player simply skips them while previewing.

Never played with VLC. Sounds likea good option thou. I think I need to look into some of these mods... I like that get first/last

As I mentioned on page 1 of this thread, VLC didn't work for me with this file, which still has me puzzled. It worked fine for Homecoming, which was also an mkv file.

100% sources again, but for how long?

emuler wrote:As I mentioned on page 1 of this thread, VLC didn't work for me with this file, which still has me puzzled. It worked fine for Homecoming, which was also an mkv file.

MKV file structure is nothing like AVI file structure. Simply grabbing the first and last parts won’t do it. I have not experimented enough to say for sure. But the last parts of the file after the clusters only handle "Cueing Data", "Attachments" and "Tagging". But from what I understand you must have the “Header”, "Segment Information" and maybe the "Metaseek" information. I have no idea what the overhead is and how it relates to file size. So you may need more from the start and enough clusters to preview it.

Anyway there’s some info that may or may not help you in your quest…

Debaser wrote:100% sources again, but for how long?
I know what you mean, it's like 109 mb to go before it's done, so i hope that everyone with a full source stays on for a while. :mrgreen:

Yeah.

Iv added a comment, hopefully it will encourage a few users to keep it shared.

Heh, why do you use numbers instead of letters there? (on the comment thingy) ;)

not enough space to complete the sentence which is a pain.

As far as playing them. It’s not a codec its a splitter. Once you download the splitter (there is a link above or you can use the magic google tool to find it). You should be able to open them in most major players. I use mPlayer (works but its harder to setup if you don’t know how) and it works fine with WMP9+.
I must have got lucky, I downloaded mplayer, installed it like any other player (took a few seconds), then played the files instantly (no splitter downloaded).
Let's keep it shared to grow up the complete sources
Indeed!!

Mine has also just completed :)