[REL] All The Invisible Children (2005)

billanben

Re: [REL] ALL THE INVISIBLE CHILDREN - (2005)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Hi DB - hope you don't have the same problems with Maztor that I have. The design of the power supply is very bad, as a result the kettle lead does not fit properly and so the supply to the unit is not constant. This leads to overheating of the ps and unit, and eventually (if you don't power them off every now and then) - a BSOD. Checked with supplier, there is nothing they can do except refund !

I am still dubious about the quality of the DVDs I am using, and for this I am duplicating on HD AND DVD. The problem is I am running out of drive space. Anyway. going to see what i can do. May have to get another USB hub and invest in a couple more (non-Maxtor) drives.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I agree billanben, those Maxtor external HD's are shite!

I purchased one of those a year ago; it was the maxtor one touch HD.

It all looked very impressive, but I found it used up way to much system resources, and after a few weeks it wasn’t even recognised by my PC.

I returned the HD for replacement, and the same problems occurred with the new Maxtor external.

I ended up buying a Freecom hard drive, and it runs brilliantly, its also 40% more compact; the Maxtor was much to big.

BTW, the Maxtor I referred to in my last post was internal (SATA).
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

HI GUYS THIS IS A MOVIE SECTION NOT A TECH SUPPORT TOPIC :thumbsup
Debaser

HI GUYS THIS IS A MOVIE SECTION NOT A TECH SUPPORT TOPIC
LOL I was thinking that, then I thought "its also keeping your release up top :)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:
HI GUYS THIS IS A MOVIE SECTION NOT A TECH SUPPORT TOPIC
LOL I was thinking that, then I thought "its also keeping your release up top" :)
And deservedly so! ;)

I've been waiting on THIS movie for awhile! Glad it's finally out on DVD.

I'm downloading it now, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the DVD will be in my greedy little hands soon! :bigups

kev.
katzenjammer

Alle Kinder Dieser Welt

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Do any of you know this movie? Original title seems to be All the invisible children, but can't find a original audio release on emule.
Just dubbed versions it seems.
All the Invisible Children is a 2005 anthology film on the theme of childhood and exploitation. It is a collection of seven short films, each focused on a different child. The film has a total runtime of 116 minutes, averaging 16 minutes each.

It premiered at the Venice Film Festival on September 1, 2005.

In order of appearance:

1. Tanza, directed by Mehdi Charef (set in Africa; the country is not specified, but it was filmed in Burkina Faso) - A child soldier is instructed to blow up a building. He enters the building to place a bomb. It turns out to be a school, and he decides not to do it.
2. Blue Gypsy, directed by Emir Kusturica (set in Serbia & Montenegro) - A boy is released from a juvenile detention center. He wants to be a barber. However, his father forces him to steal again.
3. Jesus Children of America, directed by Spike Lee (set in USA) - A couple is addicted to drugs and infected with HIV. They have a daughter who is also infected, and bullied for that at school. The film features among others Rosie Perez as Ruthie.
4. Joao and Bilu, directed by Kátia Lund (set in Brazil) - A boy and a girl earn money collecting empty cans, cardboard, etc., for recycling.
5. Jonathan, directed by Ridley Scott and Jordan Scott (set in UK) - War photographer Jonathan (David Thewlis) looks back at his youth.
6. Ciro, directed by Stefano Veneruso (set in Naples, Italy) - Two boys steal a watch from a person in his Mercedes SUV while waiting in traffic, and sell it to a man working in an amusement park, for money and free rides.
7. Song Song and Little Cat, directed by John Woo (set in China) - An old man finds an abandoned baby and becomes her guardian. When he dies she ends up being taken in by a man who has a group of children, that has to work for their food. She has to sell flowers on the street and every night return to give the days's earnings to the leader. The leader gets angry when a child does not make enough money. The cheerfulness of the girl is contrasted with the unhappiness of a rich girl and her mother. These characters are linked by a doll that was thrown away by the rich girl and found by the poor girl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_Invisible_Children
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411098/
idler

Re: Alle Kinder Dieser Welt

Post by idler »   0 likes

There is a search function on this board, and despite some people's talk, it works very good! :icon_secret
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=2912
Debaser

Re: Alle Kinder Dieser Welt

idler wrote:There is a search function on this board, and despite some people's talk, it works very good! :icon_secret
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=2912
Yay :icon_party

I found someone else that can operate the search function!

…and what a ****ing awesome search function it is as well! :)
mactopolis

Post by mactopolis »   0 likes

I had this 2 years ago..watched 3 times..then I lost it...
This is a collection of about 4 or 5 mini movies..for me I am a gutton for sad movies,
I'm above all human,and this is good material,it will make a human sigh and tear-up
..the best part is with the 5-6 year old Chinese girl,its almost as sad as the Korean movies
"Cherry Tomatoe" and "Girl of Black Soil".
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] All The Invisible Children (2005)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Does anyone still have this? I've been sitting on 97% for quite awhile now (never seen complete).