[REL] L'Amore di Màrja (2002)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] L'Amore di Màrja (2002)

Post by ghost »   35 likes

I don't understand why this movie wasn't posted before...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0389752/

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [702.36 Mb]

If someone finds more information in english, please post ;)
terry666

Re: [REL] L'Amore di Màrja (2002)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

I can't google up any English info. Without your post, I would have never known about this film. Thanks!
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Odd, I googled up a slew of English links for this movie.

There is an official site in Italian, Finnish, and English, here's the English version: http://www.lamoredimarja.it/en/index.html
"Marja's Love" is not a love story.

It is the story of love and of coherence in love. Marja, a Finnish girl, is twenty years old. The period is the 1970s and her loves are peace, faith in the possibility of building a new world with Fortunato, her companion.

Fortunato is Sicilian and he and Marja speak two different languages but they have the same dreams. Together they go to live in a commune and have two children, Alice and Sonia. Now Marja has two other great loves: her children. She teaches her children peace, the power of dreams and fantasy, and freedom of the mind. But when the dream of revolution ends for the rest of the world, and Fortunato tells Marja it is time to become "adults" and "adapt" to life, Marja cannot abandon her hippie style and dreams. She cannot bring herself to do it.

She follows Fortunato to Sicily, to his home, but she never stops talking to Alice and Sonia about a submerged world, a world to be discovered, a world of peace. And despite the prejudices, this external environment that rejects integration becomes the "submerged world" that Alice and Sonia are always looking for.

They search everywhere for a world of peace, a world without differences, even when as adults they feel abandoned by Marja, betrayed by the sacrifice of a woman who, for her children, erases herself.

Or so it seems.
terry666

FLL wrote:Odd, I googled up a slew of English links for this movie.
What search terms did you use? I only found Italian sites.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:
FLL wrote:Odd, I googled up a slew of English links for this movie.
What search terms did you use? I only found Italian sites.
"Amore di Màrja", with the quotes. Copied and pasted from the IMDB page heading.
terry666

FLL wrote:"Amore di Màrja", with the quotes. Copied and pasted from the IMDB page heading.
I do that and I only get another page (other than what you mentioned) with an English plot by the 5th page of results. Hardly a "slew".
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I don't understand why this movie wasn't posted before...

If someone finds more information in english, please post ;)

WOW GHOST...YOU'VE ANTICIPATED ME... ;) I WAS READY TO POST IT BUT DIFFERENT SOURCES...SO I'VE DELETED MINE. :cool

SO...I GIVE YOU ALL INFO I HAVE...

INFO:
Annas Riitta Ciccone you draw from its comedy to Love Itself from crazy a small film full d' ingenuousness (the inserts in white and black stained of color and in super8 that recall the forties, the Seventy and the sunken world of the fantasy), theatrical prolissità (the conversations stiffened in a' flaunted literary composure), falls of flavor (the "smoky" us dreamlike, above all those that illustrate the trip of Anchovy) but also A' urgency of to tell than I am more rare nell' weak Italian cinema. The declared autobiographical cue (the film is dedicated to the mother of the producer) could make to think an I mince film-confession, but L' LOVE OF MÀRJA is lifted soon from the flat chronicle of a love profaned and irresistibly living person: if the first sequences (with the frustrated attempts d' integration put in work from the young mother, foreigner and independent, therefore double isolated nell' sunny and freezing sicilian frame) itself modest essentiality and not without visual inventions, you see the nocturnal quarrel in shore to the sea on the background of the artificial fires), l' inevitable to slide some woman in an insanity for playful nothing, that overturns in paranoid claustrophobia the dreams (do not definitive) smashed some little girls, finds accents of harsh emotion, unexpected underlinings how much unexpected (oppressing them subjective in which Màrja is seen troublesome fixed from everything, Anchovy that Of the mother), enchanted us (the temporary return in Finlandia, in a forest that takes on, in the prefinale, you surround from Fields Elisi of the memory) that ransom the rather quick solutions of some loosen narrative [it (precarious) recovery, l' absence of Fortunate – more goddess than perceived –, the stereotyped rebelliousness – pasticche, a little' of sex and punk-rock with moderation – of the girls]. L' work is dominated from the familiar triangle (the better thing resolved of all of the film) : more than mother and daughters, Màrja, Anchovy and Sounds are three sisters that protect themselves to event, love themselves, hate themselves, above all want hairpin curve at home, determined sirens to go through the sea, leaving a land that always refused to welcome them. To take again contact with the Nature is equivalent to to rediscover the actual nature, to free the dreams shut away in a closet, to transform the reality in the sunken world dell' childhood found: not at random the film it is closed on the daughter of Sounds, representing of a conscious generation of the actual roots (also to linguistic level) and ready to listen to the story of thirty' sunken years of affections. It experiences d' actor of clear intensity and grotesque malice (to second of the cases) : on everything and all spiccano the clear beauty and l' expressiveness disarming of Laurel Malmivaara, almost a' icon preraffaellita
SYNOPSIS: Màrja is Finnish has vent' years, are the years '70 and its loves are the peace, the trust in the possibility of to build a new world and its companion, Fortunate. Fortunate it is sicilian, together they go to live in a commune and they have two daughters, Anchovy and Sounds. Now Màrja has other two large loves: his daughters. To its little girls she will teach their : the peace, the power of the dreams and of the fantasy, the freedom of the mind and the sexuality. But when for all of the remainder of the world the dream of the revolution ends and Fortunate says to Màrja that is now of to become "adults" and of "to adapt itself" to the life, Màrja cannot leave skirts hippie and dreams, cannot do it.
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

LAST THING....TRUST ME...D/L AS SOON AS POSSIBLE .IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FROM YOUR ITALY NEIGHBOR ART :thumbsup

CYA MY FRIENDS :thumbsup

[/quote]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the pics my italian neighbour ;)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:
FLL wrote:"Amore di Màrja", with the quotes. Copied and pasted from the IMDB page heading.
I do that and I only get another page (other than what you mentioned) with an English plot by the 5th page of results. Hardly a "slew".
Ok, a demi-slew :) But seriously, I didn't even scroll down to the bottom of the first Google results page, 6 of the first 8 results were in English. #1 was IMDB, #2 was a site with a small English synopsis, #3 was the official site.

Anyway... HEY ARTHORIUS! Get a better translator! :) You took the Italian synopsis from the official site and translated it. I posted the already-translated English from that same site. This cracked me up:
Together they go to live in a commune and have two children, Alice and Sonia.
became
Together they go to live in a commune and they have two daughters, Anchovy and Sounds.
<badjoke>I've never liked the taste of Anchovies, but I suppose I could learn!</badjoke> :blush
deadarise

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

this movie is almost the same as Hideous Kinky and I believe they copycat it... :think