[REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Piccole Labbra (1978)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Well.. let's get back to the topic ;)

I received this German DVD today and I am really disappointed :( The good thing aboout it: It's uncropped in 4:3 (like the old VHS).

But the picture quality is really bad and it is really heavily cut. Nearly all the interesting scenes with Eva are missing :(

After comapring all versions we had so far, I think we can be pleased most with this Italian DVD-Rip. It has a running time of 01:16:10 and it is not blurred.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Don't install eMule to Program Files - that is a system folder and will give you much trouble.
Well slap my britches and call me silly. This sounds counter-intuitive. Windows automatically defaults to installing programs in Program Files, so I assumed that is what it is for! All Program Files in one place, not scattered randomly everywhere. I can see some advantage to having it elsewhere, but if Windows gets corrupted I am not going to worry too much about eMule, much as I like it. At least I have learned that I am able to fix it! However, once I have a file downloaded I move it to another shared folder on another drive, since I do not have room on my C drive for hundreds of movie files.

Maybe I should have 3 drives: one just for Windows, one for other installed software, and for data. Hmm, that's a thought.

I just checked the "Store config and downloads in the program directory" setting and I see that it is set as you recommended. Cool, one thing is right anyway. I note the dire Warning at top: "Do not change these settings unless you know what you are doing." Ha! That I certainly do not!
Phuzzy4242 wrote:No, the problems of finding each other are due to lowid ...
emfriends are the people you've 'friended' ...
What takes a long time is hashing the 6000+ files I'm sharing - takes a full day.
I have read with interest if not always full comprehension the ongoing conversation you have had with emuler about LowID issues. I wondered if the latest problem was the something new or just the same-old same-old.
Sadly, I have lost my eMule "friends" and now I have to make new ones.
6000! That's some serious hash.

Thank you all for your suggestions and information. Whether I like it or not I find I am learning more of the nuts-and-bolts of eMule, and hopefully this will help me to keep the ship running smoothly.

Hey, I just watched PICCOLE LABBRA today for the first time in some years. I had to laugh at the meet-cute between our hero and young heroine, where he grabs her roughly and snaps:

"Who are you? Answer me! Stand still and tell me who you are!
Are you afraid of me?"

... while clenching a riding crop! What a serious dick-hole! Now I can really appreciate the comparative affability of Keith Carradine's character in Pretty Baby.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:After comapring all versions we had so far, I think we can be pleased most with this Italian DVD-Rip. It has a running time of 01:16:10 and it is not blurred.
Oh shoot, there are so many versions here I am confused. Which exactly is the version you consider the best? Is it the idler 1.07Gb version from 2009?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Well slap my britches and call me silly. This sounds counter-intuitive. Windows automatically defaults to installing programs in Program Files, so I assumed that is what it is for! All Program Files in one place, not scattered randomly everywhere. I can see some advantage to having it elsewhere, but if Windows gets corrupted I am not going to worry too much about eMule, much as I like it. At least I have learned that I am able to fix it! However, once I have a file downloaded I move it to another shared folder on another drive, since I do not have room on my C drive for hundreds of movie files.
S L A P ! You're so silly! :lol: I put a lot of programs on other drives, especially if they require a lot of setups and customization like eMule. That way if I have to reinstall Windows, I just need to make new shortcuts, not start from scratch. Most programs can be installed wherever you want, and others give you no choice, but you can often manually move them and they still work.
Night457 wrote:I have read with interest if not always full comprehension the ongoing conversation you have had with emuler about LowID issues. I wondered if the latest problem was the something new or just the same-old same-old.
Sadly, I have lost my eMule "friends" and now I have to make new ones.
6000! That's some serious hash.
eMule users have been fighting lowid since eDonkey days. In order to go peer-to-peer, both sides must be able to communicate together, but eMule uses non-standard ports (communication channels) so you must be able to tell your router to open them. If they can't be opened, you must do peer-to-server-to-peer. Besides being lots slower to make a connection, what happens if you're on different servers? What happens if the other server has a file listed that you want but your server doesn't? I think you can see the problems.

To make your life easier, you might consider creating a folder called something like "d:\eMuleIn and point Incoming Files to it, and another called "d:\eMuleTemp" and point the Temporary Files to it (eMule must be offline and you can copy the contents of the old folders so you pick up where you left off). This lets you easily find completed files to be moved to your shared folder(s), and all the temporary files that you can preview by simply dragging a xxx.part file onto VLC. Makes it easy to see whether it's the actual film you wanted, the quality is good enough, or whether a film has that horrible Russian voice-over. :lol: Be aware you must have received the first blocks or nothing will display, and if the last blocks aren't there, VLC will want to rebuild the index - don't let it. Making these subfolders also keeps you out of the eMule program folders - less likely to break something.
Night457
Global Moderator

Phuzzy4242 wrote:S L A P ! You're so silly! :lol: I put a lot of programs on other drives, especially if they require a lot of setups and customization like eMule.
I clearly have been well-brainwashed to act as if what Microsoft thinks best IS best. Now that I state it outright I realize how ... silly ... that is, sometimes.
To make your life easier, you might consider creating a folder called something like "d:\eMuleIn and point Incoming Files to it, and another called "d:\eMuleTemp" and point the Temporary Files to it
Boy, do I feel dense: My first reaction was "What?!? What do you mean by "point [files] to it"?" You mean a Shortcut? After some Googoo searching, I guess you are referring to Folder Redirections / using Libraries, right? Naturally I have used these because MS uses them ... but never understood why I could not see the full pathname, which always vaguely bothered me. My brain can remember where I have put something in endless nestings of subdirectories (because I have created this nesting with a relentless logic of my own), but Libraries defined by Microsoft that point "somewhere" annoy me.

I will have to think about this one. If my brain can wrap itself around the concept of a Library that *I* have created, then I will be able to use it. Otherwise, I just have to keep following the path: Top folder, Open / Next folder, Open / Next folder down, Open ... etc etc etc. Hmmm, I think I am beginning to see the advantage to your suggestion ... I think I like it ...
deadman

Post by deadman »   103 likes

Night457 wrote:
ghost wrote:After comapring all versions we had so far, I think we can be pleased most with this Italian DVD-Rip. It has a running time of 01:16:10 and it is not blurred.
Oh shoot, there are so many versions here I am confused. Which exactly is the version you consider the best? Is it the idler 1.07Gb version from 2009?
I'm pretty sure Ghost is referring to this one:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.07 Gb]

There's also another one, picture quality not quite as good but it's uncropped 4:3 and contains all the deleted material as part of the movie. About as close to an uncensored version as I've seen:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [850.38 Mb]

The 100 minute version is still impossible for me to find in stock. If it exists anywhere, maybe it has stuff none of us have seen before.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:To make your life easier, you might consider creating a folder called something like "d:\eMuleIn and point Incoming Files to it, and another called "d:\eMuleTemp" and point the Temporary Files to it
Boy, do I feel dense: My first reaction was "What?!? What do you mean by "point [files] to it"?" You mean a Shortcut? After some Googoo searching, I guess you are referring to Folder Redirections / using Libraries, right? Naturally I have used these because MS uses them ... but never understood why I could not see the full pathname, which always vaguely bothered me. My brain can remember where I have put something in endless nestings of subdirectories (because I have created this nesting with a relentless logic of my own), but Libraries defined by Microsoft that point "somewhere" annoy me.

I will have to think about this one. If my brain can wrap itself around the concept of a Library that *I* have created, then I will be able to use it. Otherwise, I just have to keep following the path: Top folder, Open / Next folder, Open / Next folder down, Open ... etc etc etc. Hmmm, I think I am beginning to see the advantage to your suggestion ... I think I like it ...
No, stop eMule, create those folders where they're easy to get to like the root - the top level - then go into eMule's Options > Directories and change the "Incoming Files" and "Temporary Files" to the folders you just created. Then move the files that were in eMule's original folders to the new folders and start eMule up again. You only have to do this once but it makes it a lot easier to find the files that have finished downloading, and also the files that HAVEN'T finished downloading so you can preview them.

I'm not trying to confuse you, just disregard if doing this stuff isn't useful for how you use eMule and your computer. This works for me, your mileage may vary.
Night457
Global Moderator

deadman wrote:I'm pretty sure Ghost is referring to this one:
There's also another one, picture quality not quite as good but it's uncropped 4:3 and contains all the deleted material as part of the movie. About as close to an uncensored version as I've seen:
The 100 minute version is still impossible for me to find in stock. If it exists anywhere, maybe it has stuff none of us have seen before.
Thank you, deadman! I now have the Italian / Spanish .avi you listed, which was extremely well sourced. While I have the Deleted Scenes separately in various versions, I don't think I have a version with them included in the movie itself, so I am also getting the VHS version you listed just for fun. It is also well-sourced.

I am convinced any super-long home media versions are just scam fan-edits of previously-released material all run together. Original film prints may very well exist in some European film collector's attic. Dreyer's uncut version of the silent film "The Passion of Joan of Arc" (lost for decades) was discovered in the closet of a Norwegian mental institution, so there is hope for "Piccole Labbra" yet.
Last edited by Night457 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Phuzzy4242 wrote:No, stop eMule, create those folders where they're easy to get to ...
:icon_1idiot :icon_1roflmao :icon_1roflmao

Here I was, trying to make something complicated out of something simple. I agree, that is an excellent suggestion: it is one of the first changes I made to my first eMule install! It did not make sense to me to have video files in a Program Files folder, and like you say it is convenient to have them more accessible rather than buried. When my install lost the .ini and .met files in CONFIG it then could not find the moved folders, so in my latest install I let them land in the default and have not moved them yet.

In a recent thread you said
I've been around long enough to use 110 baud teletype.
At that I said to myself, "DUDE! He is even older than I thought!" :) Couple with that the detailed Internet and eMule technical discussions of yours I have read, I knew there was all sorts of Computer Stuff you knew that I did not - and my misunderstanding on this particular point made me think you were talking some Old School Computerese that I have either forgotten or never learned in the first place.
So now I can feel stupid for thinking I was stupid! :lol:
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

Night457 wrote:I am convinced any super-long home media versions are just scam fan-edits of previously-released material all run together. Original film prints may very well exist in some European film collector's attic. Dreyer's uncut version of the silent film "The Passion of Joan of Arc" (lost for decades) was discovered in the closet of a Norwegian mental institution, so there is hope for "Piccole Labbra" yet.
The VHS version I posted a link to has some coming attractions previews at the end so even that 100m version is probably shorter than it claims. The film clearly still exists at the studio since they were able to do a DVD release (despite it not being the best quality). But with the conservative culture these days it's unlikely we'll see a remaster anytime soon. Too bad. This is one of those films you know damn well has cut footage that would drop jaws to the floor.