[REL] Polleke (2003)

Re: [REL] Polleke (2003)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

I got this and ripped it but I can get the subs to rip and i'm at a loss why. All the time stamps are there just no subs... If anyone has any luck im just going to go a head a release my rip of it for thous who dont want to deal with a 5 gig download. If someone figures out how to rip the subs please let me know.

Also this can easly be opened with WinRAR. If you dont have it another good free tool is ISO buster.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

lostandbroken wrote:I got this and ripped it but I can get the subs to rip and i'm at a loss why. All the time stamps are there just no subs... If anyone has any luck im just going to go a head a release my rip of it for thous who dont want to deal with a 5 gig download. If someone figures out how to rip the subs please let me know.

Also this can easly be opened with WinRAR. If you dont have it another good free tool is ISO buster.
Haven't ripped subs before, but doom9 has some cool guides...

http://doom9.org/index.html?/subtitle_guides.htm

;)

Rich wrote:
lostandbroken wrote:I got this and ripped it but I can get the subs to rip and i'm at a loss why. All the time stamps are there just no subs... If anyone has any luck im just going to go a head a release my rip of it for thous who dont want to deal with a 5 gig download. If someone figures out how to rip the subs please let me know.

Haven't ripped subs before, but doom9 has some cool guides...

http://doom9.org/index.html?/subtitle_guides.htm

;)

oh just relised that this is not the same one I downloaded. sry...

But yea I spend a lot of time on doom9. There is somthing quorky with the subs thou... perhaps I will have another look there thou

bin files are used for burnning. But a bin file is useless without a "cue" file. But you can easly write a "cue" file if you know how.

If you have nero or almost any burning software and you can get the cue file. You should be able to just burn and watch.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

LewisCarroll wrote:I am not familiar with bin too, but I have just installed the latest version of VLC (http://www.videolan.org) and in video file association there is also bin extension.

Is it possible that VLC directly read bin files?
Or if you don't want to burn to CD, VCDgear will convert it to mpeg for you ;)

http://www.vcdgear.com/files/vcdgear355.zip

As I remember it's best not to use the cue, file for conversion, just use the bin file and see what happens :)

LewisCarroll wrote:I knew that lostandbroken, and I usually use progrmas like Nero, DaemonTools and so on to see CD images... the question is: did anyone try to use VLC to directly read a movie bin file? If it doesn't work, what is the bin extension in VLC?
Not having used VLC I cant really be much help. But for any other program with out a "cue" file. Its worthless...

I might be misunderstanding you. But somthing to keep in mind. MPEG, AVI, MKV, ect are all A/V containers. Othen then MKV all can hold one audio stream and one video steam. And are demuxed when you view them.

Bin files are a bit diffrent. I dont know how the file structure is changed. If its not it maybe possable to just change it an ".avi or mpeg" depends on the file and see if it will open. The one thing that may effect it is the header. If the file header has changed at all you will need somthing that rebuilds indexes i.e. vdub or mPlayer. Plus another useful tool is Gspot (you can download it doom9.net). It can be used to check what codec is used on a file and if the header is complete. Plus you can run a render test and see where the file maybe breaking down.

maybe that will help... or confuse you some more... :?
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

hi people

did any of you download Polleke from a.b.m.thelostmovies?

It seems like the file: polleke_siXvid.part022.rar wasn't posted to the group or maybe it didn't turn up at easynews... Does anybody have it and can post it here? The posted pars are also crappy so it is not possible to reconstruct the missing file. So this is my last hope before throwing that folder in the garbage bin.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

mongodisco wrote:hi people

did any of you download Polleke from a.b.m.thelostmovies?

It seems like the file: polleke_siXvid.part022.rar wasn't posted to the group or maybe it didn't turn up at easynews... Does anybody have it and can post it here? The posted pars are also crappy so it is not possible to reconstruct the missing file. So this is my last hope before throwing that folder in the garbage bin.
part022 in on his way to the group again. ;)

Well he posted it so I could grab the subs. I have my own rip of it, But its 2 Gigs... People always freak out when I post anything that big so I did not bother...
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

don't really see why they should freak out because of a 2 gig file... If it is interesting commentary tracks or really good dubs (nordic languages) i tend to include such in my rips. Nowadays it's so common with dvdburners so that shouldn't be an issue in most cases either. But the posted 1400 mb rip is good.

Hope that i can borrow a vcr from a friend this week and lend a norwegian movie called aldri mer! from the library. Got my puter up running again on friday so i'm back on track encoding stuff.

Edit: great movie btw, but now time for skiing.. Got about 50 cm of pure silk snow the two last days.