[REL] Laurdagskveld (1976) [TV Movie]

gekko

[REL] Laurdagskveld (1976) [TV Movie]

Post by gekko »   75 likes

Added by Moderator 2023!: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3138144/

Hope this is ok.. film made based on a short story by Vesaas (who also wrote the novel Isslottet, about a farmer and his family. One saturday he and his wife get in kind of a brawl, but they try to keep face and not let the daughters know about it.
The daughters are waiting for their saturday bath, which they get.

Original VHS rip, no subs (sorry)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [400.11 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Laurdagskveld

Post by kev »   0 likes

Sounds cute, look forward to watching!

Thanks gekko; European shorts like this are hard to come by in America. We have a few cable/digital channels that feature shorts [Sundance, IFC, ect.]; but they seem to mostly deal with English-speaking shorts with your occasional foriegn entry [although BRAVO has dealt with more international entries].

I'm sure there must be similar channels in Europe that do the same but with more domestic short films. Is there any possibility of internet access to them? Or possibly by satellite dish?

Wondering... :think

kev.
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

I recommend this film. Thanks for sharing it. :icon_1dancingban
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Highly recommanded!!!

:inlove OT! :icon_schulz

Thanks for sharing!
wizardly1

Post by wizardly1 »   0 likes

Actually, I downloaded it, watched it, and it didn't do anything fo rme. Ah well.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Great work gekko

I had no idea what it was about, like that even matters!!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:Great work gekko

I had no idea what it was about, like that even matters!!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup
Agreed.. As the big pot of water [for the 2 girls' bath] heats up on the stove, it seems that the parents are going through some kind of emotional crisis [in their marriage?] which has them sullen and depressed [actually the entire short]. While the mom tries to put on a happier face in front of the girls, the dad seems weighed down by some heavy burdon that he can't shake off.

The girls however, make the best of the melancholy mood set by the parents and come up with ways to quietly amuse themselves as they wait for their bath.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the 'bath' sequence itself could be the longest 'children's bath' ever put on film; running over 4 and a half mins long [from the time the girls start stripping down to the point the movie cross fades to the family at the table; the actual 'In the Bath' time is about 2 mins]. (Possible contenders could be Kym Karath in 'The Thrill of it All' and Rebecca Smart in the 'Coca-Cola Kid' [really a 'shower' scene]; but I think THIS sequence was longer [though Rebecca could DEFINITELY rival them in the 'Showing Skin' catagory! ;) ].)

Slow moving, melancholy and talky at points; the girls are what makes this film a winner! The camera seems to love them, giving us lots of close-ups [lol of EVERYONE, actually] and they are really cute to look at...

Kudos again to gekko for bringing this gem to FLM! :bigups

kev.
gekko

Post by gekko »   0 likes

My pleasure you guys :)

And Kev: You're spot on with the plot outline. The mother tries to keep a happy family atmosphere, despite some underlying problems.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I agree. A really amazing bathing scene :)

BTW: you mean 'The Thrill of it All' from 1963 (with Doris Day :icon_1whip )?
never heard bout this one...
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

any english info on the net about this title?

I cant even find this on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0895168/