Get it here:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.21 Gb]

Matching english subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.8 Kb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Is-slottet (1987)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Holy bovine, Batman! Thanks! Gradually, a lot of the "classics" are getting upgraded.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

There is a GOD!. Thanks
cavinsque

Post by cavinsque »   1 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   271 likes

Finally I can present this epic movie in Full HD:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Enjoy it ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.40 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.8 Kb]
lsaille1

Post by lsaille1 »   2 likes

Big thanks to you ghost for the exceptional upscale version. I wasn't expecting myself to resort to joining the site but I figure out of everywhere I could find online, this was the place to ask. Does anyone have this on the original VHS? I'm looking to add it to my collection and it's been one of the hardest to track down. Much as I appreciate an upscaled download, nothing beats having an original physical copy for me. Will leave this message here for a while and see if anyone out there's open to selling.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Well whatever the reason you joined, welcome.

Ghost's upscale was based on the streaming version he posted previously - which would've been mastered from the original film. Unless they do a blu-ray release you're not likely to see better. In all honesty you'll be lucky to find a copy of this on VHS anywhere. I'm sure if any of our members have one they'll let you know, but I'd be surprised. A used one will be badly worn. You know how it is. Pristine sealed copies probably don't exist, companies have long since sold off their inventories. Hell, there are DVDs I haven't been able to find that were still in print only a year or two ago.

Just curious, what attracts you to collecting movies on VHS? Can't say I miss the format. They were lower quality than the old low def TVs, got scratchy if you watched them repeatedly, machines occasionally chewed up tapes without warning, and copying as a safeguard produced degraded versions of the original recording. I don't even have a VCR anymore. Couldn't play a videocassette if you gave me one.
lsaille1

Hi deadman,
I guess I just have a nostalgia for experiencing the film the only way it's ever been physically released. It's one of those that's been criminally neglected by history and I doubt we'll see a English subbed official release ever given the current puritanical state of the western world, no matter how much more then a few confronting shots the film really is. So even if the quality is several generations old, it's still valuable to me to keep original releases. I have a growing laserdisc collection too - it's a fascinating artifact almost lost to history and I'm happy to do my part preserving the few physical copies I can find.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the upgrade of this classic, ghost!

Hey Isaille1, welcome. I hope we get to see more of your film interests. I am glad to see one who is interested in maintain a physical release collection.
lsaille1

Hi Pillowbaker,
Thanks, it is definitely one of my passion projects, and this particular film has evaded me for some time. Some other films I see appear on these forums that resonated with me were Árvácska and La discesa di Aclà a Floristella, which, though not perfect, have been criminally underappreciated for many years, with nothing but unsubtitled DVDs and VHS to own, as well as non-existent digital presence either. I definitely have strong inclinations towards films that deal with cultural and social issues, difficult dramas that just don't give an audience, especially a more puritan one, any restraint. Is-Slottet is a bit of an outlier, but I view it as a Bergman-esque chamber piece that tells a story in compelling visual style and leaves a lot of food for thought. I'm hoping a little bit of buzz on the forum will eventually bring a VHS copy to the surface somewhere, as I've been quite comprehensive in my search and it's been fruitless so far. Hopeful for a change in fortune however!