Saving a movie to the Computer

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
rmt@36

Saving a movie to the Computer

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I was just wondering is there a smart way to save a movie from a disk to the computer.

Right now I tried saving a moving and I finally did it but it is 3.8GB, and in four parts. What do I need to meld them into one and then to compress the movie to between 700-800Mb easy enough for uploading.

I have a lot of stuff on my computer, but I am a neo-phyte when it comes to movie making and the like.

My most advanced software (I think) is Nero7 Ultra Edition

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help
emuler

Re: Saving a movie to the Computer

Post by emuler »   1 likes

How are you getting the movie into your computer? Is it a VCD/DVD that you can play on your CD/DVD drive in your computer itself, or is it from an external source like a DVD player or VCR or set top box/ satellite receiver?
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

It is a DVD that I am player on my computerand loading it from there.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Im sure there are very complicated ways for making HQ rips! but for me, iv always used SuperDVDripper (which makes one single file), and then used DrDivX to compress.

The results have always been top notch :)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

I know not strictly software/hardware forum but any chance of posting links (pref with crcks) to these in the software forum here, as recommendations go a long way !

thnks dude
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

billanben wrote:I know not strictly software/hardware forum but any chance of posting links (pref with crcks) to these in the software forum here, as recommendations go a long way !

thnks dude
just search emule, cracks are usually within the zips if you require them.

for the original question check out...

www.doom9.org

--> http://www.doom9.org/guides.htm

;)