Absolute easiest way to rip DVD

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
billanben

Re: Absolute easiest way to rip DVD

Post by billanben »   0 likes

ghost wrote:You only need DVD Decrypter and AutoGK.

It is free, simple and will give you exellent results.

Just my humble opinion...
So exactly what do you have to do to rip then Ghost ?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

So exactly what do you have to do to rip then Ghost ?
You rip the DVD (only the movie) to a big VOB to your harddrive.

Auto Gordian Knot will convert it to a DivX/Xvid with the best results
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks ghost

Iv been passed a cracked version of superDVDripper -

Super DVD Ripper Win XP Version 1.90 Full + Cracked.zip

I have taken on board what you have said, but ill see how I get on with this.
Unlike some people, I do not crave perfection, and my rips using the older version of superDVDripper have been perfectly good in my own oppinion.

Thanks again
Debaser

Iv installed the ripping program but I keep getting these messages.

1. Wrong drive index, pls run DVDplayer softwate to unlock dvdrom.

2. AVImake compressed stream failed.

Iv unlocked the DVD rom but the problem continues.

Any ideas?
ghost
Site Admin

Iv installed the ripping program
What program?
Debaser

It was superdvdripper, but iv junked it now.

Im now trying AutoGK, and its scaring the crap outa me.

I hate doing this on my new pc; iv installed what is supposed to be a good version from the site.

However after I installed autoGK it then installed virtualdub, avisynth and god knows what else.

So now iv filled my pc with unknown things and im attempting to rip a movie, however when I opened the DVD it said stuff like VTS_O1_O1 VOB etc etc, and iv got no idea what that all is.

I double clicked VTS_O1_O1 VOB and its doing something now.

Also, partway through the ripping procedure virtualdub opened and did some business then closed again.

I also now have a folder on my desk top full of all sorts of strange icons and stuff like.. frames.log / lastjob.vcf / _.avs / VTS_01_1_comptest.avs etc etc.

It looks like you need a degree in math to understand the instructions so I have no choice but to see how this all pans out.

I have a feeling all this will be unistalled by the morning :(

Im sure its very good, just like you say, but I get frustrated and confused easily when it comes to stuff like this.
Debaser

Sorry, iv unistalled autogk, it was blowing my mind, and all the extra stuff it installed was worrying me.

I just want something that was as simple as superdvdripper:- you just hit the wizzrd button and in a few hours you have a nice rip, without having to download all sorts of other unknown programs as well.

superdvdripper obviously wont function for me anymore, so the next best thing please :(

Thanks
Debaser

I should just mention, this is to rip Ultimate Betrayal
Debaser

Oh well, iv managed to download and get running the latest trial version of superDVDripper, and ill just live with the results.

Lifes to short to stress over this!
ghost
Site Admin

However after I installed autoGK it then installed virtualdub, avisynth and god knows what else.
Sure, these programs are needed to demux the streams and converting etc. Why not installing them?
So now iv filled my pc with unknown things and im attempting to rip a movie, however when I opened the DVD it said stuff like VTS_O1_O1 VOB etc etc, and iv got no idea what that all is.
First you have to rip the dvd on your harddrive with DVDDecrypter and choose the VOB in AutoGK.
I also now have a folder on my desk top full of all sorts of strange icons and stuff like.. frames.log / lastjob.vcf / _.avs / VTS_01_1_comptest.avs etc etc.
You can delete this folder after the avi is done.

Sorry, but this is really the easiest way to convert a DVD to DivX or Xvid and you get very good results.