Sorry to bother everyone again

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
Nabokov

Sorry to bother everyone again

Post by Nabokov »   0 likes

I know I am supposed to set my firewall ports and portforward the router but...

the upnp test passed, the ports seem to be communicating ok, zonealarm pro is set to fully trusted for emule. On the bottom right of the emule screen the little symbol indicates ed2k and kad are both fully functional. I can get download speeds, across several files, of up to 300k/ps, and rarely 1mb/ps.

I don't know if I have a low ID - how do I find out? So far as I can tell, all is clear.

But, if I test the ports - the webpage indicates only tcp communication is sound. Is this a contradiction or just my poor understanding?

If all is working, I prefer the 'if it isn't broke don't fix it' policy - what to do???
loverboy

Re: Sorry to bother everyone again

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Nabokov wrote:I know I am supposed to set my firewall ports and portforward the router but...

the upnp test passed, the ports seem to be communicating ok, zonealarm pro is set to fully trusted for emule. On the bottom right of the emule screen the little symbol indicates ed2k and kad are both fully functional. I can get download speeds, across several files, of up to 300k/ps, and rarely 1mb/ps.

I don't know if I have a low ID - how do I find out? So far as I can tell, all is clear.

But, if I test the ports - the webpage indicates only tcp communication is sound. Is this a contradiction or just my poor understanding?

If all is working, I prefer the 'if it isn't broke don't fix it' policy - what to do???

If the small icon in the bottom right hand corner of the eMule screen is all green (as opposed to half green/yellow or half green/red you are fully connectable & have high id.......well done! If not, you're still either firewalled or your router is incorrectly port forwarded. Occasionally you'll find the icon may change to half green/yellow or half green/red especially if there is not much upload/download activity. In Kad, hitting 'Bootstrap' followed by 'Recheck Firewall' will usually quickly change it back to all green.

lb
Nabokov

thanks for that lb. I saw the bootstrap thing but was afraid to touch it - haven't got round to reading up on it yet. So I'll keep your words in mind.

I have no idea why I'm all green - the most I did was tell zonealarm to let emule do its thing in program control! No portforwarding or setting ports, just the automatic setup. Not that I'm complaining :)
loverboy

I've found you on eMule....you're connectable & have high id.....well done! I've allocated you a permanent friend slot should you so need it!

lb
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

All green is good. :thumbsup

When you have LowID, the arrows on the globe become yellowish. When you are not connected, the arrows are red.
Nabokov

thanks fellows.

this has to be the friendliest forum I've encountered yet!

If you are ok with it, how do I add you to friend slots?

Can I see you when you have added me to your friend slots?

I just want to return the favours, play fair.
loverboy

Simply right click on the username & 'add to friends' & then 'establish friend slot'
In eMule if you go to 'Messages' you'll see who your friends are & their status.

lb
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Welcome Nabokov... hope you find some nice releases in here...
Nabokov

katzenjammer wrote:Welcome Nabokov... hope you find some nice releases in here...
hehehe I certainly have been finding nice releases here...