[REL] Svoi Deti (2007)

abel

Re: [REL] Svoi Deti (2007)

Post by abel »   0 likes

Can you indicate a source of your (in fact your PC :) )translation? I have already d/d this film, but not yet seen it, so I´d like to have some idea about the plot etc. Thanks a lot for posting!
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

abel wrote:Can you indicate a source of your (in fact your PC :) )translation? I have already d/d this film, but not yet seen it, so I´d like to have some idea about the plot etc. Thanks a lot for posting!
Since Amadeus isn't checking in very often these days, I'll respond for him since I think I know.

This page http://nonameno.com/1143333837-svoi-deti.html has the same Rapidshare links and the same English translation, but it also has the original description in Russian. My guess is you could use the original Russian for clues to search for more information about it.
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Finally have this.

A very good movie, well worth the download

Thanks to all for bringing it forward.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
abel wrote:Can you indicate a source of your (in fact your PC :) )translation? I have already d/d this film, but not yet seen it, so I´d like to have some idea about the plot etc. Thanks a lot for posting!
Since Amadeus isn't checking in very often these days, I'll respond for him since I think I know.

This page http://nonameno.com/1143333837-svoi-deti.html has the same Rapidshare links and the same English translation, but it also has the original description in Russian. My guess is you could use the original Russian for clues to search for more information about it.
That´s precisely why I asked. So here you are:
When the figure skater Dina experienced a serious injury she thought that the life is over. But she found very interesting job, she started to teach dance in an orphanage. Solitary woman loved her job and also her young pupils very much. One day a new girl appeared in the orphanage. Her name was Lada, she was shy, withdrawn, and very talented. Other kids didn´t love her, and started to turn out her life into a hell. Lada was in need for protection, and in this moment Dina came to help. Lonely woman loved the poor girl wholeheartedly. She brought her to her home and started to arrange an adoption. And in this very moment meets Dina her longed-for love, on the skating rink she met a guy named Gleb. But when they both started to live together it became clear that Dina´s lover doesn´t like a child coming from the orphanage for mentally handicapped children...

Well, basically my translation doesn´t differ too much from computer translation, just I can´t understand that this latter can´t recognize and process such uncomplicated words like pupil (in Rus. vospitannik) etc.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks for the better translation, Abel! It was it bit rough in a few places but much better conveyed what was going on, and made me want to download the movie.

Funny how machine translation can't (yet) pick up apparently simple things. There was a translation posted here last week where Google translated a word as "village" but Babel translated it as "mudflow". You would think a translation program that looked at context could figure that out, even if the same word had multiple meanings. This is the sort of thing that keeps me from machine-translating French subs for a movie with no English ones. Though I may do it anyway at some point. ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   58 likes

HD! :icon_1dancingban

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.91 Gb]

English subtitles? Anyone? Please!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Wow, more than 9 years from the previous post. ;) Thanks, ghost.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   39 likes

Another 6 years has passed...

Here's my upscale to 1080p:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.10 Gb]

I also made English subtitles for this movie. As you can imagine, it was a pain in the ass! The Russian language is still a big secret to me. :?
But I think they became pretty good:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [62.0 Kb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you!

I would bet anything that your subtitle translation is much better than the synopsis translated from Russian in the first post, from 2008. I added an IMDB link to the top of that post, but the IMDB synopsis does not help me either. But if you like it then I trust it! :mrgreen:
The story of how one of the father's daughters found another family for herself.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Big thanks for the new upscale and the hard work on the subs, ghost! (I can imagine)

This looks like a well-received classic that I must have missed. Glad that it is now resurfaced.