[REL] Ronja Rövardotter (1984)

pafin

Re: [REL] Ronja Rövardotter (1984)

Post by pafin »   3 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
This is a 3-part extended version of Ronja,

On uloz.to if eMule doesn't work for you.
Uloz Links :
https://uloz.to/!D96DTvGNEmnb/ronja-rov ... dvdrip-mkv
https://uloz.to/!9GFgN3PQWiIK/ronja-rov ... dvdrip-mkv
https://uloz.to/!BP83RWDkHrU1/ronja-rov ... dvdrip-mkv
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   2 likes

Another cut of it as 6 part tv series https://tv.nrk.no/serie/ronja-roeverdatter

TV downloader or any other similar software is your friend if you wish to download
In Swedish with Norwegian subs
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Three separate English subtitle files for the 3-part extended version:
Ronja Rövardotter Parts I-III extended version English subtitles.zip
I am pretty sure these sync to the Uloz files / eMule posting, because I am pretty sure I got the files from Uloz. I have them named like I did, anyway. As for the subtitles, I do not remember if I took an English subtitle for the extended version and cut it into parts, then added corrections based on the original Swedish text; or, took the individual Swedish subtitles then translated and corrected them.

The Uloz files are 576p and total about 7gigs. For the extended version, I have a 1080p file of over 13gigs that is all three parts together, with an external English subtitle file. I now have fast enough upload speeds to handle this, but DOES ANYONE WANT the 13gig 1080p extended version???

I know my computer would just crash on me (again) if I try to encode it down to a small version. Speak up if anyone is interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

The files on uloz add up to 6.6GB for DVDrip, so 13GB for 1080p isn't too bad. I'll delete the ones I've got and go for yours.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   60 likes

[Image][Image][Image]

File specifications:
Spoiler:

General : Ronja.Rovardotter.1984.SWEDISH.EXTENDED.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-FGT.mkv
Format : Matroska at 13.0 Mb/s
Length : 13.1 GiB for 2 h 24 min 1 s 400 ms
Video #0 : AVC at 11.5 Mb/s
Aspect : 1916 x 1076 (1.781) at 25.000 fps
Audio #0 : DTS at 1 509 kb/s
Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 kHz
Language : sv
Text #0 : UTF-8
Language : en
Full-length Extended version in Swedish with internal English subtitles.
I saw errors in them, so I provided an external English subtitle file with corrections.
(They did not even get the names of the mythological creatures right!)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [13.09 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [71.1 Kb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks. I'll be taking a break (going to reinstall Windows) and then I'll finish downloading this.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Wow. Have fun!
Night457
Global Moderator

For those with a Swedish IP or VPN, who want a direct download in 1080p:

SVT Play is streaming the 3-part extended TV version until January 24th.

https://www.svtplay.se/ronja-rovardotter

It is in 1080p with Swedish subtitles, and can be downloaded with TVDownloader.
Each part is about 1.2GB.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I just today nabbed a blueray rip of the extended version from a torrent, and it coincidentally is also 13.1 gigs hahah! I'll be grabbing those corrected subs in case the included subs are indeed the incorrect version! I was wondering if 13 gigs was too much even for me nowadays, but among fans of these Swedish works, I've heard Ronja is one of the BEST and I am gonna bite a slightly larger bullet than normal to have this in excellent quality. Glad I checked this thread history before watching.
Night457
Global Moderator

This one does have the advantage of being in part a (spoilers) "first love movie," with a classic meet cute scene. Tastes of course vary but Ronja is my absolute favorite Lindgren story, topping even Madicken and Pippi. I bet you found the same torrent I did. As for subtitles, I get to be a real nitpicker when I see the same movie over and over. I can't resist "fixing" something I know I am going to see again.

Even highly capable professional translators who produce high quality natural-sounding dialog will make translation choices (not errors) that I will argue with, generally when they try to adapt specific details from one culture to another. When I know even a little something about the source culture I get irritated. Swedes will sing "Ja, må han (hon) leva" on someone's birthday but subtitlers will render it as that awful HAPPPEEE BURFFDAAAEEE TOOOO YUUUUU song. I want to immerse myself in another culture, not have it adapted wholesale to my own. I will learn things I do not understand if given the chance. Otherwise, they might as well just do a Hollywood remake in English.

(OUCH!!! I just bit my tongue.)

I generally do not care for remakes, althought I have to give credit to the Japanese, who managed to do a remarkably faithful anime TV-series adaptation of Ronja a few years back. Even then, I despise the English dub -- and prefer the Swedish dub over the original Japanese!