[REL] Grasshopper Island (1971) Television Series

triviatus

[REL] Grasshopper Island (1971) Television Series

Post by triviatus »   1 likes

As my first post, may I present Grasshopper Island (1971)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473414

[Image]

Three brothers (real life brothers), fed up of being told what to do, decide to run away to a desert island - for a year and a day. The brothers are cute ( but not saccharine cute). Their performances are a little naive but this is negated by the story. The few adults in the cast only add to the 'Britishness' of the story especially Tim Brooke Taylor.

Over the years it has appeared in several versions (originally thirteen parts, then a four part version. But now there is a DVD version in the original format. It is available on Amazon at a reasonable price (£8.00). Others are available at inflated prices. Tis version is in German but with English option. It comes with a comprehensive booklet (that required some time on Google translate) but is worth it. I am sure that those of my age, will remember it first time round. A worthy OT entry.
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Grasshopper Island (1971) Television Series

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, triviatus. I moved this to the [REQ]uest forum because a film isn't considered to be a [REL]ease until there's an eD2K link so people can download it. I did a quick search and didn't find anything on eMule.

Do you have this? It would be an excellent first release for you. Just put it in your Shared folder and click the Reload button so it gets hashed. Post the eD2K Link in this thread so people can download it, and that's all you have to do. I don't know anything about KMule, but in most eMule variants, you go to the "Shared Files" tab, right-click the filename you shared, and click the "eD2K Links" selection.
triviatus

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

I am in the middle of ripping the dvd (my first rip). It is in 15 parts (first two are production captions). As this will be my first share I have a question. Should I post as separate links, or merge them into one (and what about the first two files?).
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Generally, you create a single file out of the video and audio - avi, mkv, mp4, ts, etc. - and if you can pull subtitles out into their own file(s) - .srt, or .idx/.sub, etc. - that's very welcome too. Handbrake is a good ripping program to start with.
triviatus

I have just finished ripping and merging 'Grasshopper Island' and hope to share it from Monday. I think after all the work I have done over Xmas, that my laptop deserves a break. As this is my first bash at ripping and sharing, I would appreciate some feedback on the result.
What time is it Eccles?
triviatus

Sorry I didn't get round to putting Grasshopper Island up today, but I had some work to finish that took longer than I expected. Never fear it will be put up just as soon as I can.
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I didn't pay attention that this was a television series. Were those 15 parts different episodes? I'm really sorry if they are because I told you they were usually merged and television episodes are usually posted separate. I assumed they were different .vobs from a DVD, and those usually are merged. However you want to post them is fine, I'm just sorry if I gave you more work than necessary.
triviatus

Post by triviatus »   1 likes

Don't worry - it was an enjoyable experience. I do tend to assume people can follow what I say. Just for information Grasshopper Island is in thirteen parts of around 12 minutes per episode and I have merged them into a single file of 1.8gb and runs for just under three hours.
What time is it Eccles?
triviatus

I am in the process of sharing my offering. I have the video in shared file and have an ed2k link How do I insert the 'like this post to see ed2k links'. I tried copy/paste the link but it just came out a raw link. Sorry if I seem a bit dim.
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Your eMule client should give you the file hash - it will start with "ed2k". Paste this into the post and the board will do the rest. Also, in your eMule client there should be a way to set the file's priority, usually something like Low, Medium, High, and Release. The Release priority is what you want because it moves people closer to the front of the line faster who want to get that file.