[REL] Paperhouse (1988)

emuler

Re: [REL] Paperhouse (1988)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks, guys. Completed. :D I'll share only this until the rest of the guys complete, and then I'll go back to sharing my usual set of files.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Sorry, I was away for a couple days.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

For those who missed this gem and don't want to request a reshare, YIFY has just released it on torrent. :) Those of us who already have PTg's excellent 720p release needn't bother. ;)

http://yify-torrents.com/movie/Paperhouse_1988_1080p
http://yify-torrents.com/movie/Paperhouse_1988
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

One of the rare times I watch a childhood film for the story. Always a good watch this one.
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   1 likes

Just to let you know: someone posted a Blu-ray rip in the abm.thelostmovies
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

The rip I posted is here from blu-ray... ;)
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:The rip I posted is here from blu-ray... ;)
A Blu-ray rip is usually considered 720p or 1080p, like the one from emuler. Your posts look like SD, judging from the file size. :?:
But Torrent is slower than Usenet, though it is fast today.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

infiniter wrote:
ptguardian wrote:The rip I posted is here from blu-ray... ;)
A Blu-ray rip is usually considered 720p or 1080p, like the one from emuler. Your posts look like SD, judging from the file size. :?:
But Torrent is slower than Usenet, though it is fast today.
My file clearly states 720p and the screencaps clearly show the high definition clarity. :roll: :hand

Thanks for the usenet option...
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Ok, I saw it. It's just that a 720p movie with 92 min in a little more than 1GB usually has "suboptimal" quality. The screencaps show the higher resolution, but due to the file size, the quality is not so good. There are artifacts. Well, the 1080p rip in the Usenet has 18 GB, which is pretty oversized.
However, no offense.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   2 likes

"However, no offense" while being offensive... ;)

Perspective is important. You are living in the past as far as size is concerned. What was good quality at one gig 5 years ago was not nearly as good as this rip. Today with x265 encoding often the smaller rips appear virtually equal to the original uncompressed blu-ray. I could do a x265 encode but don't feel this is needed for this film. What we have here is good enough for most and those that want more you have offered a great alternative or one can always buy the Blu-ray.

I too am a purist and enjoy the uncompressed larger files and never get them from the mule but I do take in consideration of this site and it's norm to get smaller size with optimal quality. This is for the benefit of everyone as a whole not just a select few.

I am not as good a ripper as Shaanig or the few others that are as good with tiny size but I have in recent times offered very good quality in a emule friendly size, this file being one of them. Your opinion on what is graciously being shared for all here on the mule is not wanted even if you feel you are simply stating a matter of fact prospective, personally in my opinion your prospective is "not so good". Perhaps you can rip a better one and share it on the mule for all of us... ;) Until then, thanks for the usenet option. File upgrade options are always welcome, bad unwarranted comments on what is here being graciously shared on the mule is not.

And FYI for those that still want the smaller size YIFY has rips of this too, as emuler kindly pointed out ;)