i used google image search and just searched each image there

https://images.google.com/
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] An American Haunting (2005)

Post by ghost »   23 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429573/
https://www.rarefilmfinder.com/movie.php?id=2903
Based on the true events of the only case in US History where a spirit caused the death of a man.
[Image]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mr1wMiihKI

Here it is:

[Image]

Dual audio (english, german).

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.83 Gb]
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Doe anybody know this movie?

I only saw this short scene and have no idea, which movie it is :(

Someone any clue?

[Image]

https://yadi.sk/i/-QLstPaUWlOuDQ
If only you'd looked at the subject thread :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote:If only you'd looked at the subject thread :lol:
Admittedly that does seem strange as the first post in a titled movie release thread, but I am pretty sure that what happened was that it started out as a General / Does somebody know... thread, and when the film was identified as "An American Haunting" and uploaded as such, all the posts were recombined into the new thread, Releases / An American Haunting (2005).

Without explanation and without following the full history of a discussion, I find that some of the older posts can be confusing!
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
Admittedly that does seem strange as the first post in a titled movie release thread, but I am pretty sure that what happened was that it started out as a General / Does somebody know... thread, and when the film was identified as "An American Haunting" and uploaded as such, all the posts were recombined into the new thread, Releases / An American Haunting (2005).

Without explanation and without following the full history of a discussion, I find that some of the older posts can be confusing!
Yeah, I think it's better to keep those 'Which movie do these screenshots come from?' threads where they are, and/or delete request threads rather than combining them with the [REL] someone finally creates. Depends on whether they complement each other or just cause confusion.

Some request threads actually contain interesting background, set photos, YouTube videos, etc., and are worth keeping. If all someone does is ask for such-and-such, then there's a bunch of replies from users speculating about when that might be available, that's a terrible way to start off a movie's thread. Those [REQ] should be discarded rather than merged. Just my personal opinion.
Night457
Global Moderator

Some request threads actually contain interesting background, set photos, YouTube videos, etc., and are worth keeping.
Yes. I just am not convinced the others are worth the effort of discarding. Do the Mods want to HAVE to decide what is trash, when they can just leave things as is? Who is going to spend time looking through old threads anyway, other than newbies and crackpots? (I qualify as both.)

When I was looking for a specific "what movie is this?" post recently, I was surprised at how many such threads there were! Some had just one movie, some a few, some dozens! There have been a number of insomniac nights where I have gone through a few of them and done detective work, sometimes coming up with an answer years after the post -- AND years since the person asking was last here! Whatever.

In this particular case the original thread was apparently only for this movie, and started out with some pictures and a link to a video -- so it seems appropriate to me that is was combined with the eventual RELease. I know the Mods pride themselves on RARELY deleting posts or material, because they do not enjoy being in the position of censors. So unless something HAS to be eliminated because of potential legal complications, the options are either combining related threads as appropriate or leaving them messily where they are.

Since the Mods have plenty to do already in their volunteer positions, I am in favor of them doing whatever the hell they want! :D
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:

Yeah, was more a joke :) Was aware that the subject was changed after it was found out :)
Night457
Global Moderator

David32441 wrote:Yeah, was more a joke :) Was aware that the subject was changed after it was found out :)
DOH! Well then, in that case: :lol:

It is easy to take people too seriously online. I can be a smartass too, so I ought to have known better. I have had people at FLM not realize when *I* am joking.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:So unless something HAS to be eliminated because of potential legal complications, the options are either combining related threads as appropriate or leaving them messily where they are.
It has nothing to do with censorship. For some reason when I hear that word now I think of anti-mask, anti-vaxx people screaming about their voices being silenced. :roll:

The problem is, requests which do nothing more than mention a movie's existence and give us an IMDb link, especially when followed by a bunch of comments to the effect that people can't find it, is a terrible way to start the final release thread. It's also a little annoying when you post something new and then get bumped from your status as the OP by someone three years ago who simply asked "Anyone have this?". Or am I being petty here?

It's a bit of a judgment call. Sometimes request threads include nice background material and spark interesting discussions. Those make a good intro. The type I mentioned above though, those requests have pretty much served their purpose. The question I'd be asking myself is, does this stuff add value or is it just clutter? If starting with the first release is better that's what you should do and delete the old request. Again, that's my take.

Or you could just leave it in the request section. It takes more effort to merge a thread than to either delete it, or do nothing at all.
Night457
Global Moderator

I am going to argue with you deadman, but good-naturedly. :) I am going to Spoiler it so that those who are not interested can easily scroll past.
Spoiler:

deadman wrote:It has nothing to do with censorship.
Well, not in any legal sense. But if the Mods start deleting posts that they think are pointless, at what point does it stop? They are "censoring" people's lame comments. What if the post is simply a Smilie, should they get rid of that? I don't think so, because generally they are giving thanks and encouragement without having to type a bunch of words. But having to argue about what should or should not be eliminated might get people unnecessarily worked up. In the RARE instances when they have to (for example) delete links to CP, that IS censorship. It is also totally justified for purely pragmatic / legal reasons, and something that the vast majority of FLM members would not argue with. I do not have any objection to censorship in such limited circumstances.
The problem is, requests which do nothing more than mention a movie's existence and give us an IMDb link, especially when followed by a bunch of comments to the effect that people can't find it, is a terrible way to start the final release thread.
Doesn't this basically describe the majority of REQuests? I have to assume that if people REQuest something, then maybe they have already looked for it AND CAN NOT FIND IT. I know that is how *I* did requests -- and some of them I managed to find months later. When other people comment that they can not find it, they are at the least indicating that they cared enough to look, and maybe are very interested in the movie also. I like seeing a record of the struggle that went into finding a movie, sometimes years later. I think it would be a shame wipe that out, to rewrite the FLM history to make it seem as if the RELease just popped up out of nowhere.
It's also a little annoying when you post something new and then get bumped from your status as the OP by someone three years ago who simply asked "Anyone have this?". Or am I being petty here?
deadman, you obviously spend a great deal of time acquiring or ripping a large number of RELeases, and you even provide alternate download sources. I am incredibly grateful for this, as surely are many others. So "petty" is not a word I would use to describe you!

But isn't the fact that someone REQuested something usually a motivating factor in getting other people to look for it? After I was here at FLM a little while, I gradually combed through ALL the old REQuests, looking to see what I could find. In a small number of cases I was successful. The vast majority of REQuests were films I had never heard of and would not hear of except in forums like this. The person who ASKED for the film in the first place is the Original Poster. The person who RELeases it is guaranteed to get the Likes!
does this stuff add value or is it just clutter? If starting with the first release is better that's what you should do and delete the old request.
I admit that there is a lot of clutter, but it would take quite a bit of effort to clear it out. There is one many-paged thread in particular which shall remain nameless that seems to attract all the trolls, weirdos, perverts and brand new members who never post again. I would not mind seeing it cleansed of all the posts except for multiple pages that actually have a RELease. However, one could argue that it should remain as is so that it serves as an example of posts that are not appreciated. And if I really had a problem with it, I could just stop reading the new posts that show up there.
Or you could just leave it in the request section.
Oh hell no! That makes it look like it is still being REQuested after it is already released. No one would have ANY motivation to go through the old REQuests if they had to also do a search to see if there were RELeases for them. I know I am not the only person who has scoured REQuests and found stuff.

Thank you for this discussion, I have been enjoying it. I appreciate your willingness to argue an opposing view. I would be so bored with just the thoughts in my head.