[REL] Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008)

FLL

Re: [REL] Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I am certainly not going to move this... IMDB is an excellent guide usually but not always accurate, and in the case of countries they lend more credence to business relationships than common sense. And common sense should prevail. This movie was based on a novel set in England written by an English author, filmed in England, never released in the US. To me it's an English movie and I will leave it in the UK Release forum. That is where most people will logically look for it.
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

Protest!

[Image]
The holder of the copyright, Stella-del-Sud First GmbH & Co. KG, is registered in Pullach (south of Munich). Of course, this is a German movie! :icon_cool2
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Am I detecting a little bias here? Let's face it, when it comes to great movies, USA kicks ass! Not OT necessarily, just movie making in general. USA's been at it longer, produced the first movie, created the motherfucking "movie camera" dude!

Admit it! USA rules... Credit due where credit deserved. :hand
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

You're all wrong. The director is from India, so of course this movie should be in the India section. :icon_duel
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

lol. i love the chemistry here. :)
just watched the movie and couldn't find anything american about it except maybe the camera work. definitely U.K. (looks like, sounds like and feels like). cheers
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Amadeus wrote:Am I detecting a little bias here? Let's face it, when it comes to great movies, USA kicks ass! Not OT necessarily, just movie making in general. USA's been at it longer, produced the first movie, created the motherfucking "movie camera" dude!

Admit it! USA rules... Credit due where credit deserved. :hand
Like many inventions, movies were being created in many different places at about the same time and "firsts" are murky, and different countries claim credit to different particulars. It is certainly fair to say Hollywood was one of the earliest film centers and has become the biggest but your statements are otherwise open to debate and do not always have clear answers.

But what relevance does that have to the origin of this or any particular movie? None. I will just assume that since you posted that at 2AM Saturday morning you just got home and were completely wasted when you posted that message :icon_alc
redcat

Post by redcat »   0 likes

loverboy wrote: Also available an ALLIANCE rip.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.85 Mb]

This one is anti-piracy file. Thanks. I trust all you post guys. Try to verify yourself what you post or don't post. :onfire
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Apologies & thanks for pointing this out. I've removed the offending link from the release.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

redcat wrote:Thanks. I trust all you post guys. Try to verify yourself what you post or don't post. :onfire
I agree, to an extent... but unverified links are fine as long as they are clearly identified as such.

If it's not from a reliable eMule filesite e.g. sharethefiles (verified on the web, not just in the filename) or you haven't personally verified a file, feel free to post it but PLEASE mark it as unverified. Some members don't mind an unverified link that turns out bad, others don't have the bandwidth or time or interest to mess with them. If you download an unverified link please report back on its status, too. Thanks!
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Released yesterday in the US, I saw it in a Redbox (an automated kiosk which rents DVDs for $1 a day, Redbox is popping up everywhere, there are 22,000 out in the US now and it's killing traditional rental stores).