[REL] Goggle Eyes (1993)

popdrome

Re: [REL] Goggle Eyes (1993)

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:O I C said the blind man :cool

I can be patient. :) It just didn't make sense to me, but now it does!
No harm done! We take pride in the service we provide :icon_cool2
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

BLT & Phuzzy are quite right. A single user will only see a complete source on one of the files they are queuing for from another user.....that's just the way eMule works.

It is possible to very accurately target where your shares go to but the golden rule is your eMule upload limit (in the preferences) must be somewhat less than your overall eMule upload capability. I don't mean your ISP's upload ability, just how much eMule can push. This is obviously dependent on other applications running, how rigid your ISP is in throttling various applications/ports etc. The only way to establish this is to set the upload limit on the optimistic side, allow things to settle down for several hours & monitor how much you can push out. Then set your upload limit significantly lower than this. This way, your upload is virtually guaranteed to go only to friends with slots. As an example, the maximum I can push on eMule is 45 KB/s therefore I limit my upload to 35 KB/s. In the case of my iso of 'The Cold Light of Day' this allowed me to divert my entire upload with one friend slot to a single user (kev) for a short period of time. He completed the 3.6gb file in a little over 48 hours! Of course the downside of this is the exclusion of others & is something I would not normally do.

In Phuzzy's case I'm guessing it's somewhat more difficult as I believe he has to contend with others in the household stealing bandwidth & varying his upload ability.

lb
comingofag

Post by comingofag »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:This way, your upload is virtually guaranteed to go only to friends with slots.
Does not make sense to me. AFAIK, for optimum performance, one must *always* set upload limit slightly lower than the maximum that eMule can push (which is of course difficult if the upload bandwidth varies). I don't see how this guarantees that upload goes to friends only. I'm not familiar with MorphXT, but I'd assume that friends have simply higher priority. If you want to upload to one friend, you'd probably have to configure one friend and one slot... :think
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

comingofag wrote:
loverboy wrote:This way, your upload is virtually guaranteed to go only to friends with slots.
Does not make sense to me. AFAIK, for optimum performance, one must *always* set upload limit slightly lower than the maximum that eMule can push (which is of course difficult if the upload bandwidth varies). I don't see how this guarantees that upload goes to friends only. I'm not familiar with MorphXT, but I'd assume that friends have simply higher priority. If you want to upload to one friend, you'd probably have to configure one friend and one slot... :think
Welcome to the forum comingofag! You've only just joined so stick around & things may start to make more sense! :icon_biggrin2
loverboy wrote:this allowed me to divert my entire upload with one friend slot to a single user
I thought I'd made things quite clear but possibly you didn't read my post carefully enough. Anything else you're unsure about, don't hesitate to ask ;)

lb
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

"comingofag" it is very clear what LB posted and is common Emuling practice for veterans here. "you" should know that by now. ;)

smells like looks like acts like :snooty
comingofag

Post by comingofag »   0 likes

Did not mean to criticize you. I just joined to help ppl share better :bigups