Loooooool
charlottegainsbourg1

Re: [REL] Cider with Rosie (1971)

Post by charlottegainsbourg1 »   0 likes

i want 75 version i bought 98 version.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

charlottegainsbourg1 wrote:i want 75 version i bought 98 version.
You anit missin' much. The link I posted is about as good as '75 gets. :)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

IMHO both versions are very nice movies in their own right, not just for the OT stuff. Well worth watching from end to end. :clap
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I agree with emuler, well worth watching the whole movie not only the for the OT scenes.

A good movie is a good whether it has those type of scenes or not.
charlottegainsbourg1

Post by charlottegainsbourg1 »   0 likes

i like the 98 movie better. its good.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Unfortunately it seems to be offline... :(
ARTHORIUS wrote:i don't really know what are you saying...the movie are released here...and they're still on my shared folder if you want you can d/l them...or i think you want to have on dvd for collection??? :think
Schooldaysdvd is a very trustworthy site [the guy that started it is even a member here :)] [[WHEN it's not offline!!]]and the movies are sold at a GREAT price; BUT be aware that the DVD's are pretty much downloads he got from here and other places [very few DVD's come from an actual DVD that he has in his collection {as there's a LOT of DVD's he offers that don't have subs where if you get the actual legit DVD you'll find subs on it}].

This works out fine if you can't afford the legit DVD's or can't order from the foreign sellers online and don't have the capabilties to rip and burn your own DVD's.

But if you have something like DVDSanta or similar that can take a movie file and transpose it to DVD files and burn a DVD from that, you might as well do that...

kev.
schooldaysdvd

Post by schooldaysdvd »   0 likes

kev wrote:
Unfortunately it seems to be offline... :(
ARTHORIUS wrote:i don't really know what are you saying...the movie are released here...and they're still on my shared folder if you want you can d/l them...or i think you want to have on dvd for collection??? :think
Schooldaysdvd is a very trustworthy site [the guy that started it is even a member here :)] [[WHEN it's not offline!!]]and the movies are sold at a GREAT price; BUT be aware that the DVD's are pretty much downloads he got from here and other places [very few DVD's come from an actual DVD that he has in his collection {as there's a LOT of DVD's he offers that don't have subs where if you get the actual legit DVD you'll find subs on it}].

This works out fine if you can't afford the legit DVD's or can't order from the foreign sellers online and don't have the capabilties to rip and burn your own DVD's.

But if you have something like DVDSanta or similar that can take a movie file and transpose it to DVD files and burn a DVD from that, you might as well do that...

kev.
Hey Kev, thanks for the kind words regarding us being a trustworthy site - I really appreciate it. Unfortunately we did go offline because our host kicked us off and then my webmaster quit. From there it seemed like an avalanche of circumstances that made coming back seem impossible. Anyway, things have finally turned around in the last couple of weeks and we're anticipating a return in about 1-2 weeks under the url http://www.sddfilms.com.

I hear you loud and clear regarding the subtitles. Many of the DVD's we have access to do have English subtitles (some not all) and in the process of converting PAL to NTSC we usually discard them for the sake of time. This will change and many of the titles on our old catalog have been updated with English subtitles.

I know I don't have a ton of customers on this board, but to those who attempted to reach me during the last couple of months I sincerely apologize if I did not respond. To some of you I did respond, but when we got kicked off of our server we lost much of our data including customer and contact lists. For the life of me, I can't figure out why my webmaster didn't back that up? While we were working round the clock to bring the site back, we answered as many emails as possible but couldn't get to them all. I hate doing business this way, but the last 2 months have literally been the most hectic of my life.

Anyway Kev, I know you from a while back and I wanted to say thank you for your comments. Kind words are often hard to come by and so I appreciate them when they come my way.
jkecal

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

Versions in IMDB

There are 2 versions in IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195871/ 1971, director Claude Whatham, screenplay Hugh Whitemore
Released:
UK 25 December 1971
France 20 August 1975

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169685/ 1988, director Charles Beeson, writer John Mortimer
Released:
UK 27 December 1998
USA 28 February 1999

Headlines of version named Cider with Rosie 1975 corresponds to first version (but I found no explicit year).
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

jkecal wrote:Versions in IMDB

There are 2 versions in IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195871/ 1971, director Claude Whatham, screenplay Hugh Whitemore
Released:
UK 25 December 1971
France 20 August 1975

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169685/ 1988, director Charles Beeson, writer John Mortimer
Released:
UK 27 December 1998
USA 28 February 1999

Headlines of version named Cider with Rosie 1975 corresponds to first version (but I found no explicit year).
Thanks jkecal, for the information, however if you had had read the previous posts, you would see that not only are both versions mentioned here but their links are provided also. :)

kev.