[REL] Les Misérables (2012) [UK]

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Les Misérables (2012) [UK]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Ok, ok, there are some musicals that're tolerable. :D It's that "knowing ahead of time" that's important. :lol:
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

sweeney todd was the last straw for me,my respect for johnny depp went right out the window,by the way Phuzzy...after all that did 'earth girls are crazy' still play? :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Made a mistake - it was "Earth Girls Are Easy" with Geena Davis and Jeff Goldblum (1988).

I'd send you the pieces if I hadn't buried them. Made the grass die in a 3 meter circle there. Truly toxic.
fastpuke.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
starfish21

i do remember that one,utter pish!
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:i think i'd rather have my eyes burned out with a soldering iron,than watch something like this,i hate movies where they just burst into song.
except 'Grease'
This isn't one of those movies where they just "burst" into song randomly. They're actually singing throughout the whole movie. I loved it and I'm definitely seeing it again. It's just been nominated for 8 Oscars :D
Phuzzy4242 wrote:A local discount store had a bin of DVDs on sale 4-for-$10 and one of them I got was "Earth Girls Are Crazy". The first time they burst into song for no reason I ripped the disc out of the drive and threw it across the room. Then I picked it up and scratched the surface multiple times with a knife to ensure it would never play again. Then I used a cigarette lighter to melt the surface in several places. Then I snapped the disc in four pieces. If I'd had a shredder that would handle discs it would have gone through that too.
I've hated movies before too but I've never reacted like that. Maybe you should see someone about that :?
starfish21

you havent? :o
my god! there must be something wrong with you,you poor guy :roll:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

For An Angel wrote:I've hated movies before too but I've never reacted like that. Maybe you should see someone about that :?
I'm a pretty tolerant guy but I didn't get past the first ten minutes of that film before it brought me to that state, that's how bad it was. I'm sure it was blasting "stoopid rays" at my poor grey matter and I was just lucky I had the mental fortitude to break its thrall before I lost more than 30% of my already-low IQ. And that was just the first 10 minutes.
starfish21

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

That was cruel, starfish. I still can't stand it... well, I guess it does have a few good 'attributes'. :lol: "...my goal is to be a veterinarian because I love children."
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I can understand stopping a movie because it's bad, I just can't understand the destroying of the disc. If anything you could've tried to get your money back. Also, I think learning to laugh at bad movies is probably better for your health too. ;)

PS: I hope nobody here thinks Les Miserables is anywhere near on the same level as "Earth Girls Are Easy". There's a reason why Les Mis the musical was translated into 21 languages and played in 42 countries for over 25 years.