[REL] Down Will Come Baby (1999)

FLL

Re: [REL] Down Will Come Baby (1999)

Post by FLL »   5 likes

popdrome wrote:Here 'tis. Put in on release. Should come in complete , please help sharing.

http://lostmoviesarchive.com/movie.php?id=440

cheers guys
Sorry, popdrome, that's the same corrupted version Deadly posted to thelostmovies. It freezes for 1:06 starting at 1:19:08. Everyone sitting at 98.6% on the original file already has everything that version has.

So.. we STILL need a source for
Like this post to see ed2k links  [688.26 Mb]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   22 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191972/

[Image][Image]

Famously unsourced/corrupted here which is a shame because I'm rather partial to Evan Rachel Wood.
This was brought to my attention by a UK TV airing that sadly was of dreadful quality & appeared to have been significantly cut. That, & some sensible advice from FLL persuaded me to buy the DVD to rip. Occasionally I need the obvious pointing out to me & in the UK this is freely available for little more than the cost of postage & packing!
This is definitely a budget DVD......no extras, no language options, no subtitles & even the case is crappy so don't expect state-of-the-art print quality, however ERW is well worth a watch! :thumbsup
I like popdrome's review at LostMoviesArchive.........
Young Evan Rachel Wood is my favorite actor, and I'll watch her in anything. Within this context, it must be acknowledged that certain things are more watchable than others. The CBS Television production 'Down Will Come Baby' fares perhaps least well of all possible options. It's hard to imagine it being more enthralling than the advertisements for pain relievers and sanitary napkins that would have aired during its commercial breaks.

The real touchstone for any film in this category is the presence of Meredith Baxter, who comes through here with one of her patented made-for-TV performances. Surely she is as good as the movie deserves, but that doesn't mean she isn't acted off the screen not only by Evan Rachel Wood and Diana Scarwid, but also by a coat rack, a blender, a filing cabinet, and a couple of potholders. Of course I am making up the potholders, along with the other inanimate objects in my list. I encourage you to watch for yourself, if only so that you can make up your own list with objects that actually appear on-screen. (I think there is a filing cabinet, though.)

Analyzing the minutiae of why 'Down Will Come Baby' does not satisfy seems largely overwhelming, so instead of offering my usual thoughtful review, I'll reprint the words of ERW herself, as told to Entertainment Weekly:

''I had to do a scene in a terrible movie, and my best friend was supposed to have drowned. I didn't know how sad I should be, and the director said, 'Act like you just lost a baseball game.' I was like, 'What? I don't play baseball.' So I had no emotion at all.''

Enough said.

Submited by: ALIPTES
Personally I thought the movie was about as inspiring as watching paint dry, but it's still a nice bit of eye-candy!

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Down Will Come Baby 1999 DVDRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,398.27 MB
Duration ........: 01:26:52
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2122 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .......: ENGLISH

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Enjoy!
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Excellent, thanks! :onfire

Early ERW is good, plus we finally have a good copy! I never did watch it, waiting for the complete film, now I can.

I realize this isn't Oscar-worthy (it never even made it to DVD in R1) but not all films can be and that doesn't make it a great addition to FLM. (Which is weird to say for a film which was released here 6 years ago, but I doubt in all that time anyone was ever able to completely download it.) The rarity alone is worth it.

I am continually impressed by your ability to recognize and find FLM-worthy material... I think I do Ok in that regard but you are in another league. :clap
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Hey! Nice surprise! :clap

excellent, THANKS loverboy :thumbsup
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Thanks lb.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

lb, lb!! :eyecrazy

Once again you go that extra mile to bring FLM a most desired movie!!

Thanks for all your time and effort you put into your releases! Your work is VERY appreciated!

:onfire

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i saw this posted a few days ago and decided to find my dvd and watch it. i checked my dvd archive list and couldn't find it. i thought i had bought this a while back? then i figured perhaps i downloaded it from here. i then checked my FLM archives. nothing :wall i finally came to the conclusion that perhaps this is a movie that i never had at all. i now am at the point where i have to many movies and can't keep it straight in my head as to what i have seen or was seeking for so intently that i thought i had it already. :eyecrazy :eyecrazy

thanks again LB :icon_cool2 (perhaps after i watch it i will gain back my sanity)

:)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:thanks again LB :icon_cool2 (perhaps after i watch it i will gain back my sanity)

Not a chance! :)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
ptguardian wrote:thanks again LB :icon_cool2 (perhaps after i watch it i will gain back my sanity)

Not a chance! :)

:icon_surrender you are right it is a hopeless battle :icon_surrender

Post by Guest »   11 likes

Could anyone re-share, any link, loverboy's, the smaller complete one, or the nearly complete one? loverboy's link is preferred, though. :oops: