[REL] A Girl Named Sooner (1975)

Rich

[REL] A Girl Named Sooner (1975)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

A Girl Named Sooner (1975)

[Image]
A young girl in the hills of Indiana, who had been abandoned by her family and raised by a bootlegging old woman, is taken by the authorities and made the ward of a childless couple.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0073047/

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ces.dell/girl ... sooner.htm

thanks, Rich :)
charlottegainsbourg1

Re: [REL] A Girl Named Sooner (1975)

Post by charlottegainsbourg1 »   0 likes

this isn't on dvd or vhs in the us is it? or just have to record it from tv?
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

charlottegainsbourg1 wrote:this isn't on dvd or vhs in the us is it? or just have to record it from tv?
I looked for a copy of this some time ago, it's not out on VHS or DVD as far as I could tell. The only DVDs you will find are actually DVD copies of TV recordings. There are some around.

There's a video of clips on Youtube someone put together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfGqREsnU6U
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

very rare, saw a VHS on ebay a year or so ago but I missed it :wall listed at moviegirls since moviegirls began... would be interesting to see the scene, for interest only of course ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   21 likes

OK, here it is:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [881.74 Mb]

Don't expect high quality video. It's a VHS tape recorded from TV.

Damned american prude TV cutted out the bath scene :( , but i release it anyway, becaue this is all we can get atm...

Still a good movie with a real sweetie :heart
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
Damned american prude TV cutted out the bath scene

FUC@#£! :321 :cussing :gunsfiring_v1

So..thanks anyway
charlottegainsbourg1

Post by charlottegainsbourg1 »   0 likes

the bath scene i wish wasn't cut out. there are bath scenes in tv shows and movies on tv in the us why cut this one? unless it was for commericals.
catweazle

Post by catweazle »   0 likes

Can anyone find the uncut version?
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Lol, this is the second time in a day that someone is asking for something I have which I haven't yet put out because I am not happy with the quality. The version I have is longer, and includes the bath scene, but oddly enough is slightly cut in other areas. The overall quality isn't as good as ghost's version, I have tried to clean it up as much as possible.

This is another one I will just have to do the best I can and put it out, I guess. In a way I had hoped that by delaying I'd either be able to tweak it more, or someone else would release a better version before I could. The latter strategy has already worked for two movies I had lousy copies of, loverboy eventually released much better versions and freed me from worrying about them ;)

By the way, I like this movie more for the movie itself than the OT stuff.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Lol, this is the second time in a day that someone is asking for something I have which I haven't yet put out because I am not happy with the quality. The version I have is longer, and includes the bath scene, but oddly enough is slightly cut in other areas.
:think
FLL wrote:The overall quality isn't as good as ghost's version, I have tried to clean it up as much as possible.
If you have a file, consider posting it as is. *Any* postprocessing you do, can fundamentally only *decrease* the *information* stored in it (even though it may *look* better), and it prevents other people from obtaining better end results in the future.

If you have a VHS tape (or similar), it is of course another thing, because then you can work with analogue and uncompressed video.