[REL] Nightjohn (1996)

jpf

[REL] Nightjohn (1996)

Post by jpf »   1 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117180/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cSUPXo_30

Not sure if this is FLM material but the 12 yo girl seems to have lots of screentime.
relic

Re: [REQ] Nightjohn (1996)

Post by relic »   1 likes

This is a good movie for a lot of reasons. If any one can find it on ddl that I can use I would appreciate it very much.

Sarny, a 12-year-old slave girl in the ante-bellum South, faces a relatively hopeless life. Her chief duties at the plantation of Clel Waller are serving at table, spitting tobacco juice on roses to prevent bugs, and secretly conveying intimate messages between Waller’s wife, Callie, and Dr. Chamberlaine. Then Nightjohn arrives. A former runaway slave who bears telltale scars on his back, he takes Sarny under his wing and, in exchange for a pinch of tobacco, secretly begins to teach her to read and write, a crime punishable by death. “Words,” he says, “are freedom. Slavery is made of words: laws, deeds and passes.” He starts by drawing letters in the dirt and cautions her that no one must know. At her baptism, Sarny steals a Bible that belongs to Waller’s son, Jeffrey, and practices reading by lantern-light in the slave quarters. The same Bible serves another purpose when, on a blank page taken from it, Nightjohn forges a pass for Outlaw, a young slave, to use in escaping to freedom.
Warg

Re: [REQ] Nightjohn (1996)

Post by Warg »   14 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Nightjohn (1996)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

:D Thanks, Warg. We've found so many nice additions to FLM on eMule just by someone mentioning a title we didn't know about before.
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

Warg, I couldn't find it there last night for some reason but I am getting it now.

THANK YOU.
jpf

Post by jpf »   0 likes

Thanks, Warg !

I searched on Uloz and eMule before requesting it, but didn't find it. Today it's available on both. Weird thing.