[REL] Troop Zero (2019) Amazon Prime Movie

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Troop Zero (2019) Amazon Prime Movie

Post by kev »   1 likes

ghost wrote:I must say I really enjoyed this movie! :D

It's about believing your believes.. about being different... about getting self-confidence and giving a shit about what other people think.
You can be great just the way you are...

The scene where the whole troop was peeing their pants was just unique ;)

I can't see any political correctness in this movie :shock:
It's good to hear you say this, because I had sort of the same feelings. It wasn't a clone of 'Troop Beverly Hills' or 'Den Mom', but it definitely explored some of the same territory.

I referenced the 'Bad News Bears' [the original, Tatum O'Neal film] because THAT film seemed to be geared to the 'Family Film' market at first, but it was clear after viewing it that it was NOT for kids. VERY politically incorrect. THIS film had some politically correct nods with the transgender boy and other 'normal' people's reaction to him, but it took some unexpected turns with a nod to the original 'Rocky' at the end. And come on; one of the characters was called 'Hell-No'!! :shock:

The pee scene was a tad cringe-worthy for me, but I made it through without shutting off the TV or fast forwading, and it somewhat reminded me of an Adam Sandler film where he was taking care of a group of kids and one of them peed their pants. When the other kids started laughing Adam told them it was 'cool' to pee your pants and used a garden hose to wet his own pants. Soon a bunch of the other kids did the same. For some reason though, THIS version of that idea [others peeing their pants in a show of unison] didn't work as well, but it didn't ruin the movie for me.. :think

Mckenna Grace's eyes WERE a standout for me, but not in a bad way; I loved them.. :heart It was her HAIR that someone could have combed out a bit.. ;)

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Thanks for your reviews guys, interesting reading, makes me wanna watch it again...
Maybe I judged too quickly..
I agree with you kev, about the hair. :D

Don't go quietly into the night.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

ghost wrote:You can be great just the way you are...
No, you can't. Very atypical for US movies there is no reconciliatory scene in the end where the underdog is integrated in the "melting pot" - they're rejected by "society".
There's rather some stubborn angry resignation that is summed up by Viola Davis saying: "You gonna spend your whole life trying to impress fools and you ain't never gonna be enough for them, either."
So what the kids learn is rather that they have to deal with the fact that they will be discarded for the rest of their life than "being great the way they are" ...
As I said, this social pessimism is kind of a culture revolution for US family movies ...